Vizio Computers Arrive at Walmart This Month

Wonder if the LCD screens will burnout after a year of use like their televisions do?

looks like half a laptop with a monitor welded on top of it.

Wonder if the LCD screens will burnout after a year of use like their televisions do?

Funny, i have never had an issue with any of mine...

In any case, the hdmi input really is a killer feature. Of only it had really gaming power. It might be worth having has a Mobile gaming setup. That i could also used when i need to play Xbox or pc games at a friends house.

looks like half a laptop with a monitor welded on top of it.

The design looks pretty elegant to me. Doesn't look any worse than an iMac and people seem to love the way those look.

The design looks pretty elegant to me. Doesn't look any worse than an iMac and people seem to love the way those look.

I'm not dissing the design. Just saying what it looks like. Remove the monitor and attach a laptop monitor/lid to the top half of the base and integrate a keyboard to the top of the base and you got yourself a laptop.

Hmm.. I should patent that design idea - laptop-desktop convertible.

Add in a touch screen and Windows 8 and at the right price these things would sell very well.

Strange, I've had a Vizio TV for about 4 years now and it's still running strong...
Perhaps I was just unlucky. I had a 55" LED LCD quit working after three months, got it replaced only to have it quit working again one month out of warranty. Apparently the backlights on this model are/were defective.

Perhaps I was just unlucky. I had a 55" LED LCD quit working after three months, got it replaced only to have it quit working again one month out of warranty. Apparently the backlights on this model are/were defective.

I've got a 6 year old Vizio 37" 720P that's never given me any trouble. Overall I think their reputation for quality is quite good.

these all look awesome. finally something for people who want something nice looking but hate apple. or want something nice looking but dont feel like shelling out twice as much for it. i think that if vizio manages to price these competitively like their other products, they will have a very good year.

I see a lot of potential with these. I would probably never buy one, but for someone that just wants an internet machine that will go just about anywhere and no be a big cluster frak of wires. I'd say competitor to imacs, but, yeah....

These PC's look really nice style wise. I'm just concerned with their durability. Are touch pad buttons cheap and will eventually wear out? Do they use cheap internal components? Is the battery going to fail after 8 months?

I need those questions answered before I can recommend them.

Im also a fan of their line of LCD Tv's, have 3 that are a lil over 2 years old and awesome bang for buck with no probs, but I still love my Sammy too.

Same : Had my vizio tv as my monitor 24 '' for 4 years now and not even a tick .

Strange, I've had a Vizio TV for about 4 years now and it's still running strong...

Vizio's are decent, cheap tv sets when they work. My parents and my grandmother each has at least one. All of those sets are at least two years old. However, there are a slew of stories, particularly on Consumerist, about how Vizio has refused to repair or honor warranties for their highly disposable electronics.

Vizio's are decent, cheap tv sets when they work. My parents and my grandmother each has at least one. All of those sets are at least two years old. However, there are a slew of stories, particularly on Consumerist, about how Vizio has refused to repair or honor warranties for their highly disposable electronics.

To be fair, the Consumerist is wall-to-wall malcontents and really doesn't represent the entire userbase. Loudest 1% and all that.

I have 3 Vizio Tv's One 42 inch one 37 and one 32. They are about 3-4 years old. Have not had one problem with them, not one. My sister has a high end Samsung 55 Inch LED Tv. She has already had to have it serviced twice within 2 years. Brand to me means nothing. Its total luck of the draw and for me Vizio has been a good draw :)

Have 2 37's one 4 year’s old one 2 years old both work perfect. Just as good as the other high-end TV’s I have. The older one my son’s games on all the time works perfect. Thinking about getting one of their 37 3d ones that use the real d glasses to hook to my PS3 they are priced very nicely.

More Cheepo computers console noobs will buy without decent GPUS as the walmart special and then say they cant run games on it and PC games are dead and it cost to much money to play games on it.

Back