VIVO Questions

Finsta

Gawd
Hello all,
I have a 9800XT with VIVO(Rage Theatre). I have a console hooked up and want to know is there anyway to enhance the picture or make it better. I am also using dScaler but I do not know how to use it. ;)
What would be some good suggestions?

we kind of discussed this in a recent thread. I think the consensus was that it introduced soem delay to the image, wich is not good for gaming.

IDversusEGO said:
we kind of discussed this in a recent thread. I think the consensus was that it introduced soem delay to the image, wich is not good for gaming.
I don't see any delay that you speak of. Any other ideas or suggestions?

IDversusEGO said:
Thats for the hardware encoding cards (except the ATi E-Home).

Finsta, how re you hooking it up? Are you using svideo?

CrimandEvil said:
Thats for the hardware encoding cards (except the ATi E-Home).

Finsta, how re you hooking it up? Are you using svideo?
Composite. That's all I have to hook it with. Damn SNES :p

You know... (not sure how much discussion of this is allowed so i'll keep it minimal) you can use an emulator to play all your snes games on the computer with visual enhancements and filtering, and you can get cheap convertors to use your snes controllers too.

k1114 said:
You know... (not sure how much discussion of this is allowed so i'll keep it minimal) you can use an emulator to play all your snes games on the computer with visual enhancements and filtering, and you can get cheap convertors to use your snes controllers too.
Yeah, but aside from that -- I use my GameCube too. I don't want any visual enhancements, I like to play the game it's meant to be played. :rolleyes:

Finsta said:
Composite. That's all I have to hook it with. Damn SNES :p
....... Composite

Are you sure you can't use a better hookup? I can use the hook ups for my N64 with my older SNES and I'm sure they have Svideo adapters for the N64.... damn I'll have to ask my friend if his store has some N64 cables now. :confused:

Atleast I understand why now. Other then your standard F connector Composite is the second lowest hookup for quality, the adage "Garbage in, garbage out" would apply. Your best solution would be to try and use svideo whenever you can (since they don't make Component capture cards under $200).

doesn't really matter if there is a better hook up, all of the games and the actual machine were made for composite output. all you will do is use a more expensive cable for the same picture.

IDversusEGO said:
doesn't really matter if there is a better hook up, all of the games and the actual machine were made for composite output. all you will do is use a more expensive cable for the same picture.
Well, then do you have any suggestions for tweaking the image?

k1114 said:

use an emulator like mame with an adapter from http://www.lik-sang.com/ so that you can use your original controllers onthe PC.

Back