Vive Outselling The Rift By As Much As 2-to-1

Perhaps I just need to spend more time with it then. I have a friend with a Vive and I've played it for a few hours, as he has with my Rift. I definitely like the room scale piece, and as I said I'll buy the Touch controllers when they're released, but I see an awful lot of similarity. It's completely possible my opinion might change with more time spent. I'll see about a weekend swap for more "extended" testing.

I'm curious about why you think it's a stupid comparison, but that conversation might be best in another thread?

Cause the wiimotes were made for casuals to play lame gimmicky parlor games on a 2D HDTV where as VR controls immerse you more into the environment. Even with the touch controllers the Oculus will still be limited.....they better get their act together and bring their A game for CV2

Umm $600 versus $800? 150%. Your math skills are lacking. And do you really think the Oculus controllers aren't going to cost likely around the $200 price point? The prices are a non-issue as they're priced comparably for what you're getting.

You could have asked.

In the UK, the Rift was reduced to £500 because shipping became free due to delays.
The Vive cost me £747 delivered, near as dammit £750.
And that doesnt include the cost of returning it.

Those are the minimum costs to get either head set.
There were not any other options and still arent, regardless of what they come with.
If you want to try it, that is the cost of entry.

What's a Dashcat?

Search Hardforum for DashcatPSC Build. Then read the Dashcat2 Build thread. I bare my entire soul between both of those threads.

Ultimately, the reason behind it was realizing that my then-wife's Obesity gave her a high risk of not being around for our daughter so I went all-in and built a render farm / supercomputer to get going on a career path that would guarantee safety. After the divorce in early-2011, that was no longer an issue since I didn't have to carry 250 pounds with me.

Today, I'm re-purposing the machine for Unreal Swarm rendering operations. Granted, I'm almost entirely focused on Pokemon GO to undo the damage the past five years have done to my health. I've been here before so it's not my first rodeo.

Search Hardforum for DashcatPSC Build. Then read the Dashcat2 Build thread. I bare my entire soul between both of those threads.

Ultimately, the reason behind it was realizing that my then-wife's Obesity gave her a high risk of not being around for our daughter so I went all-in and built a render farm / supercomputer to get going on a career path that would guarantee safety. After the divorce in early-2011, that was no longer an issue since I didn't have to carry 250 pounds with me.

Today, I'm re-purposing the machine for Unreal Swarm rendering operations. Granted, I'm almost entirely focused on Pokemon GO to undo the damage the past five years have done to my health. I've been here before so it's not my first rodeo.

You just put me through a 1 1/2 hour roller coaster. Here's hoping the future rides smoother than the past.

Back