Visiontek 9600XT or Asylum 5900nu?

z3Ro

n00b
Ok,

Age old question which video card? COMPUSA had the deal on the visiontek 9600xt that brought it to like $145 after rebate incl HL2 coupon so i bought (last one on shelf - 14 days to return).

OR

I buy the BFG Asylum 5900nu for like $199 w/free copy of Call of Duty and look to OC / flash to 5950u.

I read a lot of posts about ATI vs. nVidia and many people say that nVidia is crap. I need to make a decision right now.

H3Lp!

5900NU.. just coz of all the possibilities and CoD is good if you have not played it already!

So I should return the 9600XT and go for the 5900nu then? Yes COD is here which is a plus for sure and the 5900nu has the 8xpipelines right vs. the 9600xt has only 4? I love BFG and their service for sure, I contacted them and had several emails back and forth with the rep. VERY FAST response time. The guy was replying from his blackberry wireless....nice

thanks for the advise guys (or gals if applies)

remember CoD is 40+ buck value and HL2 aint here yet plus ppl keep forgetting 15 buck shipping w/ the bundle :rolleyes:

as much as I would want to recommend the 9700 pro I still believe that a BFG card flashed to 5950 spec is going to OWN some shit!

Definitely go with the BFG 5900nu, then OC or flash to 5950, in which case, bang-for-the-buck/performance, it can't be touched by any other card.

You already know BFG's great reputation, so what's the wait for?

I would stick with 9600XT, HL2 is something to look forward too, COD is sweet but you can always borrow it (-;

I appreciate the advise guys, I am going to ace the Visiontek 9600XT and wait to see neweggs price on the Asylum 5900NU. They will have them this week (Fri).

The 5900NU is faster, especially when overclocked and flashed. But it costs $50 more too, so it should be faster. Keep in mind, you may have to pay a 15% restocking fee if you return the 9600XT.

Wish they had this deal when CoD first came out. Like many I got it the first week it came out, so the 5900NU+CoD comob doesnt mean much to me, as I already paid $50 for CoD :( If they had this when it first came out, Id have a 5900NU in my little girls SFF case and not the 9600XT thats in there now.

Get the 5900nu
Much better performer then the 9600 and it comes with a $50 game while the 9600 comes with a peice of paper. The 5900 overclocked will rock the 9700pro. DOn't get me wrong. I perfer ATI but the 5900nu with its overclocking potential gives the best bang for the buck.

Its getting close to that time of year again.

Which means unless you really are hardup for a videocard, you might want to wait a couple months to see what the new chips are capable of.

The R420 and NV40 have already taped out, the R420 alpha's are "supposed" to already be in the pipe. Which means in about 2 -3 months at the very least, all current videocards should get a price cut even if you don't want the fastest thing on the block.

The Prescotts from Intel are coming soon, and Intel even decided to do a price cut early on the P4 2.8 (in addition to whatever price drops happen in mid-February)

Well I took it back the next day, I never opened it so it was no prob for the full return. For who asked earlier, NewEgg did not carry the BFG 5900nu before as I stated earlier (I think). They just cut an order to BFG and they have shipped already to NE. NE said that they would be up this Fri 1/23. I think that they are coming out at $189, but I told them that they should go $179 or $175 to be competitive, especially if they can offer the free shipping. I know that the card is available for that price.

Anyways good luck everyone. I am going to go with the BFG 5900nu and maybe flash and OC it later. A $500 card for $200 is VERY tempting and BFG is famous for their support and service already.

BTW Did anyone buy the Visiontek 9600XT? Do you have an extra copy of the UPC? rebate only requires a copy of the removed UPC. I would share the rebate if I get it with someone...any takers?

Back