Video editing/rotating video

Spiff1333

Gawd
So I shot some short 30 second clips with my digital camera but wasnt thinking and held the camera vertical so now when I play it back on the computer it is side ways. Is there any program out there that I can used to rotated the video. Thanks.

Ok I figured it out but my begingin file is only 5MB and the ending file is about 90MB. What do I need to do to keep it about the same.

you mean you got virtualdub and figured out the rotate filter ok? you need to make sure that in both the video and audio menus that it's set for direct stream copy (unless you want to re-encode it). by default, the video is set to full processing mode.

Originally posted by tim
you mean you got virtualdub and figured out the rotate filter ok? you need to make sure that in both the video and audio menus that it's set for direct stream copy (unless you want to re-encode it). by default, the video is set to full processing mode.

Ok, I have applied the rotate filter in full processing mode but I can't seem do apply filters in direct stream copy mode. So what I have done is rotated it in full processing mode then saved it while direct stream copy is selected but then the filter isn't applied. Thanks for the help.

let me first say that the only reason i really use virtualdub is to cut out commercials from tv shows i record, my pvr software can encode directly to divx so i don't need to re-encode it. thus i only ever have to do direct stream copy.

after thinking about it, it kinda makes sense that it would have to process it to make the changes. so the real trick is to set the proper compression (encoding) in the video menu to match the incoming video, do you know what the source file is encoded in? (you can still have direct stream copy for audio)

Back