Video Card Suggestions for Stock Trading Computer

I want to get back into trading stocks and plan to build my own computer.

I don't think I really need need a high-powered gaming video card, but I do need a card that can run at least three monitors.

I suppose I may do some light gaming, like flight sims.

I need some help deciding which video card to go with and would really appreciate your suggestions.

I plan to install Windows 11 on the the following components:

CPU - Intel Core i7-12700K - CPU Cooler - Vetroo V5 White
MB - ASUS Z690 Plus TUF Gaming WiFi DDR4
RAM - TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta RGB DDR4 32GB (2x16GB) 3600MHz (PC4-28800) CL18
HD - Corsair Force Series MP510 960GB NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 SSD
PSU - EVGA 850w 80 Plus Gold Power Supply
Case - Lian-Li PC-O11DW Dynamic Mid Tower Tempered Glass Computer Case, White
Monitor - Dell U3821DW

Last edited:
your intel iGPU potentially can, has iGPU goes intel and the HD770 are quite good for that kind of stuff.

It support 4 display max via, eDP 1.4b, DP 1.4a, HDMI 2.1, 8k via display port if needed. It seem you picked a motherboard with only 2 output, you can add pci-express to display port output on your motherboard. Or you could pick from the start a motherboard with more display port output (msi pro z690-A, asus prime z690-p or -a, Gigabyte z690 gaming X)

I suppose I may do some light gaming, like flight sims.
That need could completely overwrite the driving of just 3 regular monitor, any card able to play something like Flight simulator should have an easy time driving 3 regular monitor

The ASUS motherboard came with the CPU as a combo deal from Microcenter. It was an impulse buy ($322.99 and I had an in-store coupon for an additional $25 off).

Needless to say I really didn't look into the fact that the MB only had two video ports. So hence the reason I want to go with a discrete GPU.

The other components (except for the RAM) are parts I've had for awhile. It's probably over-kill for a trading computer and I may use it for some light gaming as well but I feel I need to build this and put it to use before these parts get to be so obsolete that I feel like I wasted my money.

So, you want to run 3 x Dell U3821DW montiors? Also, what is your budget (range)?

No, I have two other 22" Dell monitors I want to use as well but the Dell U3821DW will be my main monitor.

My GPU budget is ~ $500

Last edited:
flight sims are NOT lite gaming...

~500?
grab a 7800xt or 4060ti or stretch $50 for a 4070

Any gaming GPU at those price will be able to drive 3 monitors, if your other Dell are HDMI only, in some case you could need a DP to HDMI cable or adapter, which is not a big deal.

Just make sure the gaming GPU has at least 3 output, but past the most entry level they pretty much all do.

On pcPartPicker,
https://pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/

On the left you can see slide for the numbers of DP-Hdmi ports, for example all cards with at least one hdmi and 2 DP:
https://pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#O=2,4&H=1,4

Do you have an idea which light gaming you will want to do, your main monitor has a 3840 x 1600 resolution not that far from 4k, playing native on it for game like Flight simulator 2020 (it was one of the hardest game to run not so long ago) could use a nice card.

The 7800xt would be a nice pick around that price points for a new card, this card:
https://www.sapphiretech.com/en/consumer/21330-01-20g-radeon-rx-7800-xt-16g-gddr6

As 1x hdmi and 3 Display port, leaving room to add another monitor easily in the future and they have display port 2.1 to be a bit future proof.

Just going to chime in and say that's insane overkill for stock trading. Software runs on basically a potato these days.
Yes, that part:I suppose I may do some light gaming, like flight sims.

Made the requirement in the title already covered, modern gaming card are not like in the 90s early 2000s in that regard, they all do that kind of stuff really well.

flight sims are NOT lite gaming...

~500?
grab a 7800xt or 4060ti or stretch $50 for a 4070

I kind of thought a flight sim wouldn't be a game that required a lot of video processing. I guess I was wrong, but thank you for the GPU sugesstions

Just going to chime in and say that's insane overkill for stock trading. Software runs on basically a potato these days.

Yes, I believe I mentioned it's probably overkill and you're correct, my charting and trading platform are not CPU intensive. But I figured at that combo price from Microcenter, why not build a PC with a fast processor and a discrete GPU? I already had most of the other parts laying around. And this way, if I want to do some gaming my machine is ready. At least that was my thinking.

Thanks guys, for all the suggestions. My monitor is not exactly the best for gaming but with a screen resolution @ WQHD (3840 x 1600) I wasn't quite sure what GPU to go with that would do well in games like flight sims. I do have another monitor that's more for gaming (Dell 4K UHD - G3223Q) but I mainly use it to stream video. Perhaps I should swap them if I intend to run games on this new build.

I kind of thought a flight sim wouldn't be a game that required a lot of video processing. I guess I was wrong, but thank you for the GPU sugesstions
this one didnt ;) the new ms flight sim not so much....
1701210003214.png

the new ms flight sim is a beast of a "game".

13900K/7950X3D with its iGPU is enough really. With light gaming, add in RX 6600 or 7600 XT.

Back