Video card advice

• Thread starter Deleted member 96510
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 96510

See the build in my sig. I am gaming at 1920x1080. Currently I have 2x GTX460 768 in SLI. I am wondering if I would be better served by a single GTX460 1GB (power vs performance). Advice is appreciated

i'd say you are better off with a single gtx 570. but the GTX 560TI is a better choice then the 460 1GB.

I should have prefaced my post. I have the GTX460s on hand. Of course I would love a GTX570, but with 3 cards in my possession, it's a little tough to fiscally justify

Yup

I was going to post a thread on that very topic, Gigabyte 570 GTX Super Overclock model for $370. 3 weeks ago, Amazon.com had 13 of them. Tonight they have 13 of them. With 460's selling for about $220 shipped to do 2-way SLI, it's difficult to legitamize spending almost double that for less frames per second (because 2-way 460 SLI is faster, in most games, than a single 570 GTX). I also read recently that 570 GTX doesn't scale as well as the 460 GTX but I haven't confirmed this to be the case. A few benefits in favor of the 570 GTX are :

- future SLI potential
- 460 GTX is limited to 2-way SLI, 570 GTX does up to 3 cards
- a lower electric bill, though we are talking what, a few dollars per month ?
- longer warranty period

That's how I see it. I would pay $300 tonight for the Gigabyte Super Clocked GV-N570SO-13I but definately not $370

That's my two cents on this topic

Last edited:
I should have prefaced my post. I have the GTX460s on hand. Of course I would love a GTX570, but with 3 cards in my possession, it's a little tough to fiscally justify

just sell the gtx 460's here on the forum, people on [H]'s folding team will snatch them up. or better yet you can put them in a second system and use them to fold with.

many games are optimized for Nvidia. Nvidia cards seem to score better. I'm doing OK W/ AMD 6970 tho

I would be willing to upgrade, and I may do so soon. A 570 or 6970 would be pretty sweet

Back