Vibration Reducing Mounting Harddrive Method?

Ang

Gawd
Well, just recently my car got broken into while it was getting repaired at a body shop. (Double ouch). They stole my radio with out a faceplate, 2 amps, and my subs.

My insurance only will cover my radio, leaving me out money for the 2 amps, and the subs.

I want to do a new route in my car and go with a carputer, but my first concern is the harddrive of a computer.

How would one go about mounting the harddrive in a case to reduce the vibration and bumps of daily driving? Can anyone explain the method when they use 'strings' to attach their harddrive to their case?

what about.. like a 16gig high capcity SD card or CF card.. something of that nature?

SSD's are so expensive

Claim your missing items on the bodyshop's insurance or if you have a good insurance company they'd actually do that for you.

HDD's do fine inside a car. If you do a search you'll find that most (I couldn't find any) have never had issues with HDD's in their cars due to vibrations. If you're really worried you can use some msd vibration mounts to isolate the HDD cage. And sythe sells anti-vibration kits for individual HDD's but even that seems like overkill.

Well, just recently my car got broken into while it was getting repaired at a body shop. (Double ouch). They stole my radio with out a faceplate, 2 amps, and my subs.

My insurance only will cover my radio, leaving me out money for the 2 amps, and the subs.

I want to do a new route in my car and go with a carputer, but my first concern is the harddrive of a computer.

How would one go about mounting the harddrive in a case to reduce the vibration and bumps of daily driving? Can anyone explain the method when they use 'strings' to attach their harddrive to their case?

Back