VG278H

Baxter299

Limp Gawd
I m considering these monitors VG278H(This model 549 at amazon 679 at newegg went up120 bucks since yesterday at newegg?)or ASUS VG Series VG278HE .My question is how bad s web surfing what does text look like ,blockie jaggy? Im determined to get a 27 inch panel any recommendations? Thanks

Last edited:
Text looks fine to me, surfing fine too. The monitor is a little on the bright side, but nothing annoying. The 120hz is awesome smooth if your vid cards can push atleast 100fps in games.

I'm not a huge 3D dude, it's ok. Just haven't been WOW!!! on it like others have. After getting used to 120hz, it's hard to even play in 3D (60hz) as I notice the flickering again.

I came from a 30" IPS screen, ZR30W....best res and picture there is, but I sold that for the goal of three of these VG278H's for tri-screen gaming. It's awesome. I don't miss IPS and don't miss the res reduction. Tri-screen is just too cool at 120hz

Everything is a comprimise, there is no perfect monitor.
I did put the Brightness down to 40%, Contrast to 50%, and Vibrance to 60% to make it look better, closer to my IPS picture, but it's a great monitor.

Back