Very odd problem

Pegesus

Limp Gawd
ok lets see if anyone can figure this out.... cause i cant. I have an ati x800 pro i runs great however there have been 2 problems i just recently encountered.

1. When switching user in windows xp the ati driver is not recognized by windows and the resolution is and a very basic level the only way to fix this is to restart. it only happens when switching users ( whether is switch or just log off). but it doesnt happen all the time

2. For some unknown reason i will all of a sudden lose picture and the screen goes black almost as if a power surge shut off the computer however the computer and monitor stay on i just lose picutre. this also is fixed by restarting.

so what could be the problem?

Pegesus said:
ok lets see if anyone can figure this out.... cause i cant. I have an ati x800 pro i runs great however there have been 2 problems i just recently encountered.

1. When switching user in windows xp the ati driver is not recognized by windows and the resolution is and a very basic level the only way to fix this is to restart. it only happens when switching users ( whether is switch or just log off). but it doesnt happen all the time

2. For some unknown reason i will all of a sudden lose picture and the screen goes black almost as if a power surge shut off the computer however the computer and monitor stay on i just lose picutre. this also is fixed by restarting.

so what could be the problem?

your power supply sounds too weak

What are your system specs?... I think Bill Gates knows you have a pirated version of XP... trust me.. he sends me a load of spyware..

Back