verizon plan questions

holinger

Limp Gawd
Hi, I get a new phone on Sunday and I am pretty sure I am going to be getting a Samsung Rogue. With the Rogue you have to get a 10 dollar a month data plan that I had some questions about. . .

1) I am on a family plan, does this give everyone the ability to use data?

2) The plan is for X amount of mb per month. . . How much usage is that? (say I use facebook. .. does that use up mb? how bout web browsing? youtube?)

3) what kind of charge is there if I go over my allowed mb per month? is there any way besides going on a computer that I can check what I have left?

I guess basically i'm just trying to figure out what features this adds for me. . . Thanks for any help.

Hi & good luck with your new phone.

1. The data plan will be for your phone only.

2. Not sure what "X" means for data usage. Anything you do that requires the internet (i.e. facebook, youtube, email, web browsing etc) will use data. You may want to consider an unlimited data plan if you can afford it. The megabytes will add up quick.

3. VZW will charge you per megabyte for any overage on your data plan. I am able to check my usage from my Blackberry. There's an app for that. Lol. Not sure if the same exists for the Rogue.

if u get data make sure you get unlimited you will go over your limit fairly easy

any idea how much the unlimited is? I sure hope its nothing close to the 30 dollar a month smartphone plans.

Don't try streaming YouTube. My GF has a samsung rogue and all she does is just check yahoo mail.

last time i called them i believe the unlimited data on a non-smartphone was like $15 a month maybe? dont quote me, but it wasnt that long ago, but i think it limits you to email and text and IM maybe....no web surfing....not sure, one thing i can tell you, you do NOT want to pay per MB charges, i played online with my new phone for only a few minutes one day checking out the browser and browsing a few ringtones and i had an extra $8 on my bill that month for like 10 minutes of usage, so stay away from per the MB anything

its also not a contractual item, meaning, if you decide you dont want to use the data plan at all you can call and drop it at any time, unlike the smartphone plans which are locked into your plan for the usual 2 year contract term with no way to turn it off

thats why i got a LG enV Touch instead of a smartphone, all the features i would use without the data plan i wont use ;)

i am wondering my self what they are going to offer me when i drop the secondary line on our family share plan and go to one phone alone, cant be a share plan anymore, but they have always been good at allowing me to switch plans mid contract term without any negative effects in the past so im nto really worried

just got off the phone with VZW, once we drop my wifes line because it's contract has been fulfilled, they have to move me to a single plan, no catches, unfortunately they still cannot match the tmobile or sprint $50 per month unlimited everything plans, oh well, bill will be cut in half which is always good, and then i get a 17% access discount through my employer, so its all good

Never understood needing to look at web stuff while you're just walking around anyway. It's not like computers are hard to find and why hurt your eyes looking at a small screen? I swear, 50 years from now, we'll all have mole vision and razor sharp fingers for pecking tiny numbers on a blackberry.. evolution at it's finest.

10 dollars only gets you 25 meg of usage. Streaming video would not be recomended. The old days had a plan called vcast unlimited for 15.00 but unless your grandfathered , those days are over, Move to the Connect plan for unlimited.

10 dollars only gets you 25 meg of usage. Streaming video would not be recomended. The old days had a plan called vcast unlimited for 15.00 but unless your grandfathered , those days are over, Move to the Connect plan for unlimited.

it was only a couple months ago i was offered vcast for $15

I know with att my unlimited data for a smasung impression was only $20 a month and it was well worth it

Back