Verizon DSL + Linksys Router question

xhail

Limp Gawd
I normally use optimum online cable service but I will be moving into a new place and for some reason my optimum online service can not be transferred to my new house because the previous tenants forgot to put in a cancellation order for their current service. Something about how cablevision can not terminate service without consent from the original subscribers.

Instead of waiting around for a cancellation order, I decided to purchase Verizon DSL service for the time being. I remember it being real easy to share the Optimum Online service using a router (Netgear RT314). The router in question this time around is my new Linksys Wireless G Routger (WRT54GS). Is it easy to set up internet sharing with this router using Verizon DSL and the PPoe (don't remember what this is specifically named)?

Thanks

well if verizon uses PPPoE then it should be too much different than SBC which is what I have, and I use a similar linksys device. It should be as easy as inputting your name and paswrod into the desired feilds when you set the router to use PPPoE.

thanks for the information, guess I'll go ahead and order Verizon for now :)

Back