Vantec Nexus Controller BLEH!

isocrazy

Limp Gawd
Yeah so i got my nexus NXP-201 today from new egg and i tried to install it here is waht i did. i put the power psu wire to the controller so it has power . i know this cuz the lights are coming on the controller. second im trying to slow down my tornado thats connected to my heatsink so what i did was too the yellow 3 pin and connected it from the mobo to the fan controller pin.. ok so tahts connected.. i boot up and i move the dial and am noticing no difference in sound at all.. any help :(?

so wait, you're saying you have a 3 pin cable going from your Nexus to the fan header on your mobo?

ok i got power working so thats good heh but ok from the tornado there is a yellow wire that connects to ure mobo if u dont have a fan controller.. i took that and plugged it into fan 1 on theFan controller unit.. isnt that right? still no change in rpms still loud as a bitch

the yellow 3 pin plug on tornado is jsut for rpm's.......You have to mod the 4 pin plug into a 3 pin one so that you can controll it speeds...It easy jsut get a 3pin conecctor with a red and black wire and cut the 4 pin of the Tornado wire it up and then hook it up to the nexus :)

k i took that yellow one and the box came with this connector so i dont need to cut anything tried it.. still nothing the tornado is as loud as can be :(

so you connected the tornado directly to the nexus?
if you did this and nothing happened, try using "Fan 2" instead of 1, some of the Nexus's have bad Fan 1 ports

U dont get it do u ? The yellow plug that is with the tornado it not it power line it jsut for rpm's in the bios so it useless if you hook it up to the nexus!!!!!!!!!!!! YOu have to take the 4 pin connector of the Tornado and cut it and leave jsut the black and red wire....Then find a 3 pin conector that has yellow red and black and wire up black with black and red with red and hook it up to your nexus and you will be able to slow the fan down! Trust me I had the same contorrler and same fan had to mod it to get it to work with the controller

What VW said, only you probably don't need to cut any wires, the Nexus should come with some 3 pin to 4 pin adapters. plug your fans POWER cable - not the yellow one, you don't need the yellow cable, you can cut it off if it's confusing you too much. anyways, plug the POWER cable directly into the Nexus. It should go from the fan to Nexus, nothing else. ignore the single yellow wire!

Do you even need the yellow wire connected to the mobo to make the thing work, or is that just so you can get a reading in the program of your choice as to how fast it is moving?

The yellow wire is just for the fans RPM sensor. It does not control anything.

So, besides the Vantec Tornado, what other fans have to be modded to work with this controller?

No fans need to be modded. Any fan with a 3 or 4pin plug will work. My Nexus came with a couple 4pin->3pin cables (not to be confused with 3pin>4pin cables which have 3pin sockets like those on the mb instead of plugs).

Back