Vanquish for PS3 - Hidden Gem

psy81

Gawd
For those of you who enjoy 3rd person shooters like Gears of War, I highly recommend you pick this game up...It was made by Sega a while back but didn't get any hype which it deserved. It's a short game but it is non-stop action from beginning to end. Campaign is addicting and a blast to play! Highly recommend to all you PS3 owners out there.

I played the 360 version and it was awesome there as well. Underrated little gem.

it's actually developed by Platinum Games(directed by Shinji Mikami of the Resident Evil 4 fame). Sega was the publisher.

Pre-ordered the 360 version and paid full price at launch. It was worth every penny. Such an awesome fast paced shooter!

I heard they won't be making a sequel due to poor sales...i hope I'm wrong...

Platinum Games makes great games but Sega has no idea how to market them properly, so they fail commercially. Platinum's Bayonetta met the same fate.

Vanquish is the best cover-based shooter around, just like Bayonetta is by far the best hack-and-slash game.

Platinum Games makes great games but Sega has no idea how to market them properly, so they fail commercially. Platinum's Bayonetta met the same fate.

Vanquish is the best cover-based shooter around, just like Bayonetta is by far the best hack-and-slash game.

Totally agree! Bayonetta is a must play! I enjoyed it way more than Devil May Cry!

Bayonetta was a great game. Though my fiancee doesn't think quite so highly of it. Didn't help that she walked in and saw the game for the first time right at the scene where Joy gets introduced and spreads her legs with light erupting from her crotch while she moans and appears to diddle herself, lmfao.

I never got around to getting Vanquish. I downloaded the demo and played the crap out of it and really enjoyed that. I'll have to look into grabbing it sometime along here.

Never played it but if it's better than the epic God of War 3 then it must be some game......

It's of the Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden school of hack-and-slash, so you won't find the emphasis on exploration, setpieces and puzzles that God of War and its clones feature. It focuses much more on a very deep combat system with a ridiculous amount of possible combos available. The combat is also much faster and less forgiving.

The creator of Devil May Cry was the main guy behind Bayonetta.

Is it wrong that i get a boner every time i play Bayonetta? lol

Back