UV Siamese

UV Siamese is complete!

36ZX4HQcOD61.jpg

It is so named after the much sought and coveted deep UV purple coloured Siamese Fighting Fish

36ZXGljGTpww.jpg

Now on with the build...

36ZXSwfkGjBi.jpg

As many of you already may know the Darkside UV LED colour is actually a much darker deep purple and less bright pink than seen in the pictures. I replaced the Silverstone supplied eye-aching blue-coloured power indicator LED with a Darkside 5mm UV LED.

36ZXl3PNnSS9.jpg

36UoK6mwCwAw.jpg

I just love the intense neon blue-green glow of the motherboard edge and other parts

36UoYTEa6zNu.jpg

36UpGo0B1zoM.jpg

The supplied USB 3.0 header cable was such a nightmare I finally just snipped it along with the unneeded audio header cables... I prefer the minimal look anyways and I have a handy little four port powered usb 3.0 hub I like to use. Instead of placing the two (2) magnetic intake fan dust filters on the outside of the case (which I find to be rather ugly and distracting) I put the 140mm filter under the cover and the 120 right on top of the PSU (which has yet to kick on!). I replaced nearly 95% of all the silver coloured screws supplied by Silverstone with black ones and added some nice black thumb screws to make taking the cover on/off easier... I just couldn't find black-coloured fan bolts/screws that secure the Noctua to the fan bracket right above the CPU/Motherboard :-( and yes, that is a 25 mm thick case fan I squeezed in there!

36UqxOlqHXUl.jpg

The little engine that could... the tiny Thermaltake Engine 27 is working extraordinarily well though I am only using it with a Skylake Pentium at the moment... waiting for Kaby Lake. The Engine 27 is more noisy than my Cryorig C7, though not dramatically so. It has an interesting low machine-like hum that up until now has not been distracting to me... at least thus far. I had anticipated a more buzzing-like and/or grating-like sound but instead it is producing more of a low humming, refrigerator compressor-like, report.

36UptCycCjq3.jpg

36YGx9b41jjz.jpg

I have both the CPU Cooler (Engine 27) and the Case Fan (Noctua 120mm) set at the lowest settings ('SILENT' mode) via the Gigabyte M/B bios... minimum and maximum temperatures noted for the past week plus as follows (my system is on 24/7):

CPU: 26 | 45 C
Case: 24 | 33 C
SSD: 25 | 35 C
M2 SSD: 38 | 55 C

BUILD PART LIST

Silverstone Milo ML06B-E (7-Liters)
Intel Skylake G4400 Pentium
(temporary CPU; waiting for Kaby Lake)
Gigabyte H170N-WiFi
Kingston HyperX FURY DDR4 (16GB)
Crucial MX300 M.2 SSD (275 GB)
Transcend 370S SSD (128 GB)
Asus Xonar DX Sound Card
Thermaltake Engine 27 CPU Cooler
Noctua NF-S12B redux 1200 PWM Case Fan (120 mm x 25 mm)
Silverstone ST30SF 300W SFX PSU
Darkside UV Rev4 LED Strips (3x)
Darkside 5mm UV LED (Power LED Indicator)
Silverstone Magnetic Fan Filters (120 mm & 140 mm)
Kobra Cable 24pin ATX M/B + 4pin CPU P4 Carbon Fiber Power Extension Cables
CableMod ModFlex Molex to SATA Power Cable
CableMod ModFlex SATA to Floppy/Molex Power Y Cable
Prolink HDMI Cable
Samsung SF350 21.5" LED Monitor
Logitech K810 Bluetooth Illuminated Keyboard
Logitech M325 Mouse
Logitech HD Webcam C525
UGreen 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub
Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Headphones
Black Sleeved Headphone Extension Cable

Reactions: RosaJ
like this
Here are some more pics of my system in the pitch black... first pic is from the front:

36gRYbLRmUCZ.jpg

A nice eerie but still rather soothing glow...
36gSGw72hPtr.jpg

36gT4ZxSkveF.jpg

Last edited:
Please reduce image size and/or change hosting - I'm literally sitting here for over 3 minutes waiting for the images to load :)

Two weeks now monitoring my new build temps using Open Hardware Monitor... min and max temps have dropped slightly. Both my CPU Cooler and 120 mm Case Fan are still set on Gigabyte's 'Quiet' Smart Fan Auto Mode. Minimum and maximum temperatures and average fan speeds for the past two weeks as follows:

CPU: 28 | 47 °C

SYSTEM: 24 | 44 °C

M.2 SSD: 41 | 55 °C

SATA SSD: 19 | 25 °C

Thermaltake Engine 27 CPU Cooler = ~3300 rpm

Noctua NF-S12B redux 1200 PWM 120 mm Case Fan = ~630 rpm

Back