UV reactive Wire loom

Can't you people Google?! The first link it gives you carries uv-reactive loom. Sighhhhh.

Split loom sucks. And if you take a knife and just cut a sipral loom on one side, split loom is what you get.

Why not use UV Sleaving?
CKPC1K_4.jpg

I'm guessing because he doesn't want to remove the pins from the plugs.

Spiral loom with a slice down the side would give you a whole ton of partial rings, not a continuous piece.

I suppose you could use sleeving and slice it down one side and then use a bunch of uv-reactive zip ties to hold it back together on the wire...

Or you could find a uv-reactive roll of tape and just wrap your wiring in that.

Ya i was thinking about the sleeving, but its very time consuming and also with Loom I can change it up real easy like when i want a different look

If you want a nice looking sleeve go for the expandable sleeving it's time consuming not for lazy ppl but once done its all worth it.

And if you are really lazy hire a non english spokenin foreigner pay him 10 bucks and let him do it for you:D:D:D:D

Originally posted by DeViLdUdE
If you want a nice looking sleeve go for the expandable sleeving it's time consuming not for lazy ppl but once done its all worth it.

And if you are really lazy hire a non english spokenin foreigner pay him 10 bucks and let him do it for you:D:D:D:D

I was thinking about sending it to Frozen, but dam they want ALOT for sleeving it. Like more then I paid for the PSU itself =).

The reason I want to stay away from sleeving it the time and the way i would have to do it. Also that very slim chance of messing up the wires and POOF! Another reason is I like to change my system every once in a while....different colors etc etc...if i sleeve it its pretty much on there for life unless I cut it off and sleeve it all over again. Also....I use some rounded cables, but for the ribbons like the one for my Live drive, it cannot be removed to be sleeved. Unless you want to cut about 60 little tiny IDE type lines. I round them off and tuck them in the loom, I want every cable to be the exact samething. No sleeved here and loomed there. Right now even my Primary IDE cable, which is rounded, is in wire loom.

Originally posted by DeViLdUdE
Long.. where the f*ck is your comp mounted?? very nice UV tho.

Its mounted on a cork board in my office at work in that pic... well actually right now its sitting on a desk as I moved to a new office and we have different cork boards that I can't mount it too the same way.

Originally posted by Highlife
I was thinking about sending it to Frozen, but dam they want ALOT for sleeving it. Like more then I paid for the PSU itself =).

The reason I want to stay away from sleeving it the time and the way i would have to do it. Also that very slim chance of messing up the wires and POOF! Another reason is I like to change my system every once in a while....different colors etc etc...if i sleeve it its pretty much on there for life unless I cut it off and sleeve it all over again. Also....I use some rounded cables, but for the ribbons like the one for my Live drive, it cannot be removed to be sleeved. Unless you want to cut about 60 little tiny IDE type lines. I round them off and tuck them in the loom, I want every cable to be the exact samething. No sleeved here and loomed there. Right now even my Primary IDE cable, which is rounded, is in wire loom.

Sleeving doesn't take that long, I did mine in my spare time at work. The trick is buying a tool to remove the molex connector qucikly and to label where the wires connect to. With a little practice it might take a day to sleeve a psu.

Its easy to sleeve IDE type cable, just fold it at a 45 degree angle near the connector, then in half and half again, then slide the sleeving on and ziptie.

Originally posted by JustLong
Sleeving doesn't take that long, I did mine in my spare time at work. The trick is buying a tool to remove the molex connector qucikly and to label where the wires connect to. With a little practice it might take a day to sleeve a psu.

Its easy to sleeve IDE type cable, just fold it at a 45 degree angle near the connector, then in half and half again, then slide the sleeving on and ziptie.

You can also replace all the plugs with the UV type as well when you do this. This way the whole cable and the conector are UV reactive.

Back