UT 2004 Reboots my new system..need help

|0b0

Limp Gawd
My specs are

gigabyte k8 triton mobo socket 939
dual channel ocz 1GB ddr 400/pc-3200 (4x256)
amd64 3200+
250 gb sata western digital
ati x800xl w/ cats 5.5

I tried everything, tried xp home sp2, xp pro sp1, a new psu, different video cards.....temps are all well within range (cpu 27c idle 40c full load) (gpu 39c idle 60c full load) tried various nforce4 chipsets, various ati video drivers, various ut2004 patches, nothing helps. Game always reboots randomly. Usually after 5 minutes or so. No other game (so far) reboots. I've played doom 3 for hours, farcry for hours, hl2 (stutters) for hours...never rebooted. Only UT2K4. Im currently using xp pro.

I dont have much knowledge with dual memory, i know they have timings which are in my bios-the pc was built for me, could the wrong timigs do it? Can someone suggest new timings? If you need them let me know, i'll post them.

u might be having a problem with running 4x256.. have u tried other memory configurations?

no, what should I do, pull one out? I have two 512 sticks from my old system that are also pc-3200, should I try those?

You're not using a "modified" exe...right ;) ? (we don't condone piracy here, just to let you know).

If so that could be causing the BSODs (which is Automatically Restart on Errors is still activated on your machine, it would reboot). That is why on some stages the floors disappear too (b/c it happened to a guy i know <winkwink>)

Just use run the latest update and don't replace ANY file.

No reason to use a No CD Patch as UT04 doesn't require the CD after whatever patch. Certainly not with the latest patch.

Run some benchmarking tests (3DMark05 and F@H at the same time for example) at least 24 hours and see if your PC crashes. If it doesn't, it might be a specific game bug/glitch with your particular setup.

Maybe look at trying command rate of 2T . If not just to test, especially with 4 sticks. And.......

I dont know why this sometimes turns into a big deal but you really ought to look at editting your boot.ini file. Do a search with UT2004, reboots, and A64. You have to change one line, to make the noexecute option always off. Yes computer gaming isn't always user friendly and this ain't cool, but you want to play I assume!

Have you updated to the latest version? When I updated it, it did the same thing. So, I uninstalled it, and reinstalled it, without the new updates, and everything's fine.

|0b0 said:
My specs are

gigabyte k8 triton mobo socket 939
dual channel ocz 1GB ddr 400/pc-3200 (4x256)
amd64 3200+
250 gb sata western digital
ati x800xl w/ cats 5.5

I tried everything, tried xp home sp2, xp pro sp1, a new psu, different video cards.....temps are all well within range (cpu 27c idle 40c full load) (gpu 39c idle 60c full load) tried various nforce4 chipsets, various ati video drivers, various ut2004 patches, nothing helps. Game always reboots randomly. Usually after 5 minutes or so. No other game (so far) reboots. I've played doom 3 for hours, farcry for hours, hl2 (stutters) for hours...never rebooted. Only UT2K4. Im currently using xp pro.

I dont have much knowledge with dual memory, i know they have timings which are in my bios-the pc was built for me, could the wrong timigs do it? Can someone suggest new timings? If you need them let me know, i'll post them.

Back