USPS tracking system down... or just me...?

Works fine for me on FF and IE. I also see they changed the layout and it is rather nice looking now.

Cleared cookies, no change. Tried in FF and IE (neither of which do I ever really use...), same issue.

What the fsck.

EDIT: FWIW, I liked the old style better.

It's been going up and down since they messed with it. Had a shipment I sent out Saturday delivered to the buyer this morning and they probably weren't ever able to get any tracking info. Hope they knew to look for it.

works for me too. could be something to do with them adding the realtime tracking in more areas now too

I've been checking on some usps tracking since Friday. Using FF, I've not had any problems.

Might be a time thing as well -- it occurs to me that, every time since it's gone down for me, that I've tried to use it, I've been using it after 8pm. Maybe someone flips the wrong lightswitch on their way out the door?

Could also be regional... I'm in NC if that helps anyone.

Bluesun311, can you elaborate?

EDIT: I can't read, previous (irrelevant) edits removed.

Last edited:
KILLER_K and Rereg -- what states are you in? I'm thinking this might be a regional thing after all.

I'm in NC. (and it's down for me)
SuicidalGoat's profile says New York. (and it works for him)
motherpuncher's profile says Georgia. (and it's down for him)

Maybe it's confined to the Southeast US?

EDIT: added a little more info -- oh, and feel free to correct me on pronouns if I need it ;)

You could possibly call them and ask if they know any information on the issue.

1 (800) 275-8777 (Consumer)
United States Postal Service, Customer service

Not sure if its down, but I shipped something last tuesday (scheduled for delivery today) and there hasnt been a tracking update since the one where I dropped it off and it got "dispatched to sort facility"

Still down for me :( forgot to call em too...

Anyone else having trouble still?

I received a couple of small items yesterday via usps and got my email updates notifying they were received at my local po and emails approx 30 minutes after the items were left in my mailbox. I'm shipping a large priority box today and will see if the info shows tonite.

I guess I'll call them later if I can remember to... I am a bit absent-minded...

Back