Using 15" LCD, time for something bigger/better

PCMusicGuy

[H]ard|Gawd
Currently using an old 15" LCD (TN) 1024 x 768 display on a C2D machine with an 8800GTX.

I would like to get something better obviously. I am looking for something 23" or larger. I know about the 1920 x 1200 vs 1920 x 1080, coming from 1024 x 768, I don't think it would make that much difference for me. I like the idea of more vertical pixels but for home use, I can't see that it will matter much for me as long as the 8800GTX will work well with it. I'm looking to keep the new screen(s) under $700.

Main use for the monitor will be internet surfing, using applications (MS Office, Adobe software, audio recording), watching tv/videos, with occasional gaming. I do have the room for two 24" monitors on the desk if I can keep the price within my target. Perhaps two would even be better since I'm an extreme multitasker.

I have done my homework and I believe the benefits of an IPS panel would be good for some of the computer use, so I'm thinking either the NEC EA231WMI (I could get two for the price) or the Dell U2410 (I've heard quality issues have been addressed with the latest batch).

Anything that I am missing? Honestly, I think I could go with TN panels and probably be more than happy so if there are any good outstanding TN panels I should be considering, please let me know. As long as I can adjust the brightness easily and have a neutral color pallet (absolutely no color tints) I will be happy.

Last edited:
Nevermind. I picked up a SyncMaster XL2370 today. I am quite pleased with the upgrade at the moment.

Back