USB 3 Flash Drive - Need suggestions

Sneak

Limp Gawd
Looking for a new USB flash drive and want a USB 3 version. Probably 32 gig but possibly more. The only one I have seen with pretty quick speeds is the Patriot Supersonic variety.

Are there any others out there? Looking for choices and the faster the better.

I have several USB 3.0 flash drives and the Patriot Supersonic is by far the best I have. I also have an ADATA S102 and the Super Talent Express Duo. They really don't compare to the Patriot. The Patriot will easily get the rated speeds. The ADATA is the next fastest, and the Super Talent Express Duo is next. The price goes up with the speed however.

If you really want speed and $ are not a problem the Super Talent SuperCrypt is basically a SSD in disguise. It is quite a bit bigger in size then the others and needs the Super Talent Drivers to get the speed that they advertise.

The Patriot Supersonic is my favorite of all the drives I have.

Look at the rated speeds of the various size drives before you buy as the speed may vary with the size. But if you go with the 32GB or bigger that usually is not a problem. Usually the bigger the drive the faster with USB 3.0.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Curlysir,
32 gig Patriot Supersonic it is. Those Super Talent Super Crypt's are interesting though. A bit large as you noted but they sure have the specs.

About a month or so ago I saw a different brand while surfing here. Someone had made a post referencing them and I checked them out. Was not a brand I had heard of before. At the time I failed to save the page. The specs looked nice and I believe the USB 3's were a red color. Had wanted to check those out too since I am in the buying mood. Maybe they will pop up again.

Thanks for the reply Curlysir,
32 gig Patriot Supersonic it is. Those Super Talent Super Crypt's are interesting though. A bit large as you noted but they sure have the specs.

About a month or so ago I saw a different brand while surfing here. Someone had made a post referencing them and I checked them out. Was not a brand I had heard of before. At the time I failed to save the page. The specs looked nice and I believe the USB 3's were a red color. Had wanted to check those out too since I am in the buying mood. Maybe they will pop up again.

I have one of the Super Crypts and they are as fast as advertised with the Super Talent drivers. They are picky about cables if you use an extension cable as I do some times, you need a good quality cable. I use it to transfer large files between computers. It is faster then doing it by my wireless network.

But for everyday use the Patriot Supersonic is the best, no special drivers required and they are as fast as they claim. Right now it appears as if Newegg has them on sale for $55 with rebate and discount code http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220552 . At that price I may order another one. The one I bought had a $10 rebate and I had no problems getting it.

Back