[Urgent] Problems with new sata drive

MasiveMunkey

Limp Gawd
I recently got a new sata 160 gb hard drive and a adaptec sata connect serial ata card. I installed the sata card and then I hooked the hard drive up to it, but it doesn't detect it. What am I suppost to do to get my computer to detect my hard drive?:confused:

Are there any drivers for your SATA card? If there are, make sure that they are installed.

After that, make sure that you have formatted the hard drive.

yeah im his older brother. He did install the drivers and I freaking told him to formatt and hes like "noooo I dont need to do taht it should do it itself blah blah whine whine"

Originally posted by Mr.BrIaN
yeah im his older brother. He did install the drivers and I freaking told him to formatt and hes like "noooo I dont need to do taht it should do it itself blah blah whine whine"

I don't know what the hell this guy is talking about. Anyway I installed the drivers on the card and the card is detected and installed perfectly I believe. How am I suppost to format it if it isn't detected? :(

try
Start > Run > (type) Diskmgmt.msc > Action Button > Rescan Disks > Rclick Unallocted Space > Partition & Format

but a wizard "should have" popup to initialize the drive

Thanks for your help. The problem was that the drive was not getting enough power from my power supply(I feel like a newb), so I had to move a couple things around and now it works. :D

Back