Urgent Help: Wireless Speakers

SpeedyVV

Supreme [H]ardness
I need to go out today and buy a set of wireless speakers.

I have a server Windows 10 box that has all my Flac and mp3 music.

What are some "decent" wireless speakers for putting in the large dinning room/ kitchen?

There really is no point in them having any sort of stereo or audiophile quality, just nice background but also loud enough for when guest are here at drink parties.

Sonos?

Probably will need a pair because the room is has somewhat of 2 areas.

Hope to spend less than $1000, but that is only if necessary.

I have a pair of Sonos in the living room. They sound fine and setup was painless.

Sonos Play:5 fits the bill perfectly. You can pair them for stereo listening.

Umm... honestly, I'd just grab some cheap passive second hand (or new) speakers and then run a bluetooth receiver into the amplifier you're going to use for them. Or heck, maybe a pair of JBL LSR305's and then a tiny little bluetooth receiver with L/R outputs running into each speaker. The entire setup can be had for under 250$ if you find all of it on sale. For your PC, just grab a cheap bluetooth USB thing if it doesn't have bluetooth capabilities. Just make sure it has enough range to get to where the receiver is at. Good ones will reach across the whole house. Cheap ones, like the one in my bedroom, will reach about 10 feet or so (yes, I'm using a very similar setup in my own bedroom, so I know from experience). Since you now have bluetooth, you can also go out and grab a bluetooth remote if you want to control the music from your PC remotely.

It's a cheap setup and it'll sound pretty fantastic honestly.

PreSonus Ceres C3.5BT Two-Way Powered Bluetooth Speakers $90 after $10 Rebate + Free S&H

There's also these which go on sale occasionally.

Back