UPS with Battery Back up..

overlord20

Gawd
Didn't know exactly where to post this but, I need a UPS with battery backup. Needs to handle 3 monitors and possibly 2 computers for under $200 if possible.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Besides the load, seems to me you might have problems running two computers on one UPS, because, you're usually running shutdown software on the computer...not a huge deal if you're just looking for "line conditioning", and not really counting on the shut down stuff.

You need to take into account the type on monitor and how much power your computers consume. For instance, I have 3 lcd monitors and 3 computers.The lcds only consume 22watts each. Two of the PCs are consume about 300 watts. All of them are on a 800VA UPS. The other PC is my gaming rig and it consumes about as much as the other 2 PC put together. I had to get another UPS for that one as it made the 800VA UPS cry when everything was on. I now have 2 1500VA UPSs and have the gaming rig by itself. It really is overkill but it will power the computer for about and hour of heavy use.

Figure a worse case scenario and go from there.

Link to the ones I have. (got them for free without batteries which cost about $100)
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0210194

Link to an assortment of UPSs:
http://www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.phtml?Ntt=ups&N=0&submit.x=0&submit.y=0

I hope I've helped you a little.

Power rarely goes out in my new city but it does flicker once in a while and I just don't want my Server or gaming rig to shut off when the power flickers.

The server is just a file server for the home and my main gaming rig doesn't draw more then 700 watts. So worst case scenario is breaker tripping and me need time to go reset it.

I recommend APC SmartUPS 1400 or 1500 XL both can be had for less than $200 shipped for refirb with new batteries.

I'm in a similar situation as you, I have a home server on 24/7 with a monitor & gaming rig with 3 monitors. Last year I ended up buying a APC Back-UPS BR1500LCD on sale at Fry's for $120. It has worked awesome for my setup with no problems & found out it even has an internal fan. See if you can find this unit on sale or a refurb. Good luck.

Back