Ups questions

Finally heard back and the difference in the Omni and SmartPRO is the AVR micro and yes there is an Omni1000LCD for certain clients.

Here's some more info from Tripp-Lite:

"Pins 1,2,3 and 6 on the RJ45 jacks are for 10BaseT surge suppression. Pins 4 and 5 are for phone line surge suppression.
The Omni1000LCD and the Smart1000LCD only have few firmware differences between them otherwise they both do the same thing the same way. "

Sounds like the RJ45/RJ11 jacks peacefully co-exist.

It would be interesting to learn the firmware differences mentioned above between the 1000LCD units.

It would be interesting to learn the firmware differences mentioned above between the 1000LCD units.

When I called my contact they said it was the AVR micro....and subsequently there were more options availble in the software.

I decided to chance the noise characteristics of the Smart 750SLT and ordered it today along with the APC Line-R 600 from Provantage.

Thanks for all the good info.

Just thought I would post this tidbit.. the XS1500LCD I did buy, for now anyways, shows load on one the LCD displays..interesting..see my rig in my sig: the machine and the westy combine to draw around 300 w at idle. Good to know. Approx 15 mins batt time it reports

One quick follow-up question.

I bought the APC Line-R 600. I didn't think to check my laser printer specs until after the LE600 came in. My ML-2010 laser printer says average power use is 320 watts. Will the LE600 be sufficient to power the laser printer and 3 other low wattage devices (shredder, laptop power brick, cordless phone)?

Or should I send it back for the 1200 watt version?

That word "average" is what bothers me. There's no mention of peak power usage in the specs that I could find for the Samsung ML-2010 laser printer.

Honestly, Laser printers shouldn't go on UPS etc. Not sure if that goes for straight AVR, non ups devices too, but I suspect so.They don't use a ton of power, but they initialize at ALOT of power. SO unless its critical, laser printers should be surge protected only.

Only have 2 outlets in the office. One for the UPS and one for the AVR. I've been running the LP off a surge protected strip with no problems thus far. Hope it works ok on the AVR.

One quick follow-up question.

I bought the APC Line-R 600. I didn't think to check my laser printer specs until after the LE600 came in. My ML-2010 laser printer says average power use is 320 watts. Will the LE600 be sufficient to power the laser printer and 3 other low wattage devices (shredder, laptop power brick, cordless phone)?

Or should I send it back for the 1200 watt version?

That word "average" is what bothers me. There's no mention of peak power usage in the specs that I could find for the Samsung ML-2010 laser printer.

You'll just have to try it and see what happens. Worst case should be be you pop the breaker on the AVR. I'm not sure about smaller UPS's and AVR's, but large scale UPS's are generally spec'd to be able to handle overloads of upto 150% for short periods of time (the period shortens as the overload increases).

I have one of APC Line-R 1250's, never had any problems with it. It doesn't compare to stability provided by my UPS. It works great powering all my nonessential peripherals.

Back