Uploaded pics don't have right permissions

Dracul

Gawd
I"m using celerondudes uploader, and it seems that whenever i try to upload an image it uploads, but it is not viewable because the permissions are set to where only the owner can read/write so i can't view them... now if i manually go in with ftp software and change the permissions to public read access i can view them fine.

so what do i have to do so that the files start uploading with public read access?

you need to chmod your upload folder to 0777

after you do that, clear out the cache folder and try it

well i already the folder changed to 0777, but i didn't clear my cache before.. however i just tried it, and i still go the same thing with once uploaded it only has owner read/write permissions. i'm not sure if it makes a difference, but my hosting is doteasy.com and i have their unlimited package. my domain is xaqt.org but for the upload page i'm using a subdomain of storage.xaqt.org

Dracul said:
well i already the folder changed to 0777, but i didn't clear my cache before.. however i just tried it, and i still go the same thing with once uploaded it only has owner read/write permissions. i'm not sure if it makes a difference, but my hosting is doteasy.com and i have their unlimited package. my domain is xaqt.org but for the upload page i'm using a subdomain of storage.xaqt.org
You need to adjust the umask. The umask defines the default permissions for new files.

how would i go about changing the umask?
my ftp software is ws_ftp if it matters.

Dracul said:
how would i go about changing the umask?
my ftp software is ws_ftp if it matters.
I honestly don't know if its possible using FTP (someone help me out here). Do you have shell access?

nope no access with telnet or shell.

maybe i'll try a different upload script and see if it makes a difference.

edit: well found a different uploader and it works like a charm... not real sure why the other one didn't work.

I had the exact same problem with celerondudes, what I had to do what chown (not chmod) the upload folder, for some reason it was chowned wrong, but I dont see that as the scripts fault.

Back