965p-ds3 mobo
2gb g.skill ddr2 800
2 320gb 7200.10 in raid 0
300gb maxtor
radeon 4850
500watt power supply
Cooler master centurion 5 case
tuniq tower 120 heatsink

I could get this board IP35 PRO XE. It has a pretty sweet 2gb memory combo with it too.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813127050
That might get me passed my 367fsb wall. Plus with that board I would get intel raid instead of the crappy jmicron. Another thing is that my ram is only running at 710 because of my fsb wall. I could atleast pad mod my e4300 on another board.

Another route I was considering is the e8400 and seeing how high I can overclock it.

I am open to anything. Make some suggestions guys.

Not sure what you're complaining about with your CPU and RAM, seems like you got yourself a decent enough overclock. If you're unhappy with it, then upgrade to a Q6600. Upgrading your mobo would just be a waste of money. E8400 won't run on that board and an E8400 + decent mobo is out of your budget.

Thats a pretty good idea about the q6600. My main complaint is that my memory is underclocked.

How do you figure your memory is underclocked? It's running 77.5% faster than it would be in stock configuration. If you're concerned you're only running 355x9 versus 400x8 then don't be. The only thing that accomplishes is boosting your performance in some synthetic memory benchmarks that has no effect on real world performance.

... If you're concerned you're only running 355x9 versus 400x8 then don't be. The only thing that accomplishes is boosting your performance in some synthetic memory benchmarks that has no effect on real world performance.

QFT. The only thing that matters in real world performance with this current Intel platform is the resulting clock speed. graysky proved this in the OC'ing subforum sticky.

Hmm I recommend replacing the PSU just in case. It is a 5-year old generic brand PSU. I'm surprised you haven't had any PSU related problems yet. A quad-core CPU will definitely push the limits of that PSU.

Back