Upgrade from SLI 260's

overlord20

Gawd
Hello,

I need some help determining what GPU I should go with here after PAX (if I have any money left) as I want a DX11 single card set-up. I currently have eVGA GTX260's OC'ed to 650.

My question is, Would I gain any performance with an OC'ed 560ti? Would I gain a noticeable amount of performance to justify the purchase?

Thanks for the feedback.

Well, how long would you say that is because I am getting tired of the heat these cards put off and the power consumption. Plus, I want a new card before BF3. Should I maybe save up a bit for the 570?

IIRC, GTX570 is about on par with GTX295 which is around as fast as GTX260 sli. So a single GTX 560ti might be a bit slower in some titles but will mop the floor with the sli setup in others like BFBC2. Even when the performance it technically about the same the 560ti will be a smoother experience due to microstutter on the sli setup.

I am confused with your statement bababooey. If a 570 is on a par with a 295 which is around a 260sli set up which is also around a 560ti's performance, a 570 and a 560ti have barely any performance differences?

Also, I hear the 560ti has great OC potential. Now is this potential with the stock HS? I can OC the card and plan to on what ever I get, but if I were to get the 560ti, could I easily OC it with the stock HS to the performance of a 570?

Last edited:
I am confused with your statement bababooey. If a 570 is on a par with a 295 which is around a 260sli set up which is also around a 560ti's performance, a 570 and a 560ti have barely any performance differences?

Also, I hear the 560ti has great OC potential. Now is this potential with the stock HS? I can OC the card and plan to on what ever I get, but if I were to get the 560ti, could I easily OC it with the stock HS to the performance of a 570?

The difference between the two isn't huge. I think that its around 15% but the price difference is a lot bigger than that. From what I hear an overclocked GTX560ti is about on par with a GTX570 most of the time.

The difference between the two isn't huge. I think that its around 15% but the price difference is a lot bigger than that. From what I hear an overclocked GTX560ti is about on par with a GTX570 most of the time.

This is kind of what I want confirmed before I purchase. Anyone else agree?

This is kind of what I want confirmed before I purchase. Anyone else agree?

Yes,that is correct,but keep in mind GTX 570 can be overclocked as well.

Also,if you only want to remove noise and heat your current SLI setup puts out,you will be very satisfied,but don't expect large performance increase.

Any ideas on when the next generation of cards will be releasing?

and does DX11 really make a huge difference?

Overlord,
Good sir. I went from GTX260 SLI to a single gtx570 and love it!! Wow is what I say in my gaming experience now. Oh and also went from a q9400 to a 2500k.

I guess I should be listing my specs..

I have a

i7 920 @ 3.5
OCZ 3x2gb 1600 ddr3
EVGA x58 SLI LE
Corsair 750tx

I know to a point other hardware will affect GPU performance.

This is just my personal opinon, but having had several different single card and sli/crossfire setups I find a more powerful single card usually gives a way better expierence than two weaker cards in sli. the sli setup mar give you better benchmark results and better max/average frame rates but your always giong to expierience times when you minimum frame rate drops that of the minimum of a single low end card. personally I think you will enjoy a single 560ti a lot more sli imo is really only useful with highend cards/ to drive huge resolutions.

This is just my personal opinon, but having had several different single card and sli/crossfire setups I find a more powerful single card usually gives a way better expierence than two weaker cards in sli. the sli setup mar give you better benchmark results and better max/average frame rates but your always giong to expierience times when you minimum frame rate drops that of the minimum of a single low end card. personally I think you will enjoy a single 560ti a lot more sli imo is really only useful with highend cards/ to drive huge resolutions.

I completely agree with you.

I am EXTREMELY happy with my 570. It'll last me 'til the 700 series I think...

I'd grab 2 gtx460 1gb cards and overclock them for 260$ AR. They will be faster then a gtx580.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133326

Although that is a good idea, I have stated I am looking for a single card solution. For power/heat reasons and also when it starts to struggle I will be able to SLI.

Thanks for all the input guys, I am going to see what kind of "deals" they have for me at PAX. May be something worth while. I am just going to look for overclock benchmarks with stock HS now and see what they are. That will help me make my final decisions.

Back