Updating Norton Live Update under User Group

rzayas144

n00b
Ok here is the deal, I have Norton Antivirus Corp Editon Window 2000 and it is my works computer and I am tring to solve this little issue we are having. I am trying to get my Norton Live Update to run but i am under the User group and the button is grayed out with a little lock next to it. I can not change what group i am in so that is out. I have logged in as admin and given myself full control of the Symantec folder still grayed off. What else can i do.

you should log in as administrator again, and fix up the live update. Once you've set it up properly, it will still run as a user in the background even though you are locked out of it. I think...

i set it up to ran as soon as I logged on to my dial up account and still did notting. I dont know what to do. I really need to find out what to do. It is now pissing me off. It is pretty stupid if Norton made it that you could not run live update as a user.

Originally posted by rzayas144
Ok here is the deal, I have Norton Antivirus Corp Editon Window 2000 and it is my works computer and I am tring to solve this little issue we are having. I am trying to get my Norton Live Update to run but i am under the User group and the button is grayed out with a little lock next to it. I can not change what group i am in so that is out. I have logged in as admin and given myself full control of the Symantec folder still grayed off. What else can i do.

Are you the admin of the network? I only ask because if its got a lock, that means *someone* locked the liveupdate settings so people would not mess with them.

Well i think i know what you are getting at but the Norton on this computer is unmanaged and not manager by a server. I am not the Admin but I have access to all the admin stuff so if you have any ideas please feel free.

Originally posted by rzayas144
Well i think i know what you are getting at but the Norton on this computer is unmanaged and not manager by a server. I am not the Admin but I have access to all the admin stuff so if you have any ideas please feel free.

Even "unmanaged" client systems can be locked.

If you work the helpdesk, you should be asking the admin to unlock it for you.

Back