Unreal engine 4 games that are out?

Part of the appeal of the new engine is that it is easier to use and scales down well. To me I find it more intuitive than UE3, although I hardly did anything with UE3. UE4 also seems to cover more genres of games.

You'll see a lot of good and probably just as many bad indie games utilizing it. The graphics won't be cutting edge. But you will also see many AAA games pushing the limits of the engine. Expect to start seeing bigger budget UE4 games in 2015.

Part of the appeal of the new engine is that it is easier to use and scales down well. To me I find it more intuitive than UE3, although I hardly did anything with UE3. UE4 also seems to cover more genres of games.

You'll see a lot of good and probably just as many bad indie games utilizing it. The graphics won't be cutting edge. But you will also see many AAA games pushing the limits of the engine. Expect to start seeing bigger budget UE4 games in 2015.

Personally, if they can't make graphics good in UE4 then there is something wrong with the developer. You have to be extra lazy to not make a good looking product. The engine is capable of challenging raytraced archviz renders in real-time with a little bit of effort.

I'm currently building my house in it because I'm planning some remodels and it makes it easy to swap materials / designs.

Personally, if they can't make graphics good in UE4 then there is something wrong with the developer. You have to be extra lazy to not make a good looking product. The engine is capable of challenging raytraced archviz renders in real-time with a little bit of effort.

I'm currently building my house in it because I'm planning some remodels and it makes it easy to swap materials / designs.

There is a difference between bad, average and cutting edge. The engine can have lots of features but if the animations, 3D models and textures are low end then the graphics won't look very good. It comes down to man power/time and money in many cases. Don't expect a 15 man studio to produce the same quality of graphics that a 100 man studio can.

Croaker from the [H]ardocp forums is a developer on the game Wamachine Tactics. It uses the Unreal 4 engine. I'm going to grab it as soon as they implement an AI as I'm not really into multiplayer with random people in strategy games. The AI is supposed to be implemented this month.

Back