Uncharted Film In Development

dwk

Gawd
Columbia has found "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune."

The studio is developing the action-adventure video game for a feature film, setting Kyle Ward to pen the adaptation that would be produced by Avi Arad, Charles Roven, Ari Arad and Alex Gartner.

The story follows a descendent of explorer Sir Francis Drake, a treasure hunter named Nate Drake who believes he has learned the whereabouts of El Dorado, the fabled South American golden city, from a cursed golden statue. The search becomes competitive when a rival hunter joins the fray, then is racheted up several notches when creatures -- actually mutated descendants of Spaniards and Nazis -- begin attacking those hoping to learn the treasure's true secrets.

The game, from Sony Computer Entertainment, sold 1 million copies in the first 10 weeks of its release at the end of 2007

Ward, repped by CAA and Benderspink, is making a name for himself in the game-to-film world, having written "Kane & Lynch" for Lionsgate (Bruce Willis is attached to star) and getting hired to work on "Hitman 2" for 20th Century Fox.

Link

Whom do you think should play who?

I would say:

Nate Drake - Shia LaBeouf or Josh Duhamel
Elena Fisher - Elisha Cuthbert
Victor "Sully" Sullivan - hmm still thinking on this one.

Doesn't matter who they cast, the film has already failed. The director has a shit record.

Catherine Hardwicke
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0362566/

I saw Twilight because I didn't know anything about it and was presented with free tickets. All I knew was that there was vampires so I went for it.

Worst movie I have ever seen. Story was horrible, but that's not even what sucked, it was the godawful directing. This movie has mutated nazis, that represents everything awesome in life. By the sounds of it I would really want to see it, but I will never watch another movie that she has directed. How she even has received a new movie to make is beyond my comprehension.

She is directing Maximum Ride not Uncharted...

Hmmm let me dig a little further. From what I have read, she is the only director mentioned along with Uncharted.

Hmmm let me dig a little further. From what I have read, she is the only director mentioned along with Uncharted.

yeah it seems like the last two parts of the article have nothing to do with the main story about Uncharted as a film... maybe he was listing other game adaptations into movies?

yeah it seems like the last two parts of the article have nothing to do with the main story about Uncharted as a film... maybe he was listing other game adaptations into movies?

Yeah that is where I made the connection. However according to other sites, they haven't listed a director. In any case, I hope it's not her.

I saw Twilight because I didn't know anything about it and was presented with free tickets. All I knew was that there was vampires so I went for it.

Worst movie I have ever seen. Story was horrible, but that's not even what sucked, it was the godawful directing. This movie has mutated nazis, that represents everything awesome in life. By the sounds of it I would really want to see it, but I will never watch another movie that she has directed. How she even has received a new movie to make is beyond my comprehension.

If you like vampire films, keep an eye on this one.

Daybreakers.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0433362/

Trailer:
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809912192/video/14159298
Directed by the same people who did 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later.

good game, sucks that there'll be yet another inevitably shitty movie based on a good game.

rofl shia labeof...way to kill the movie before its even made. hes such a fucktard.

id say maybe someone like ryan reynolds, who can do action and keep up wit throughout.

Yea I like Ryan Reynolds, too bad they didn't give him some real Deadpool one liners in the new Wolverine movie. :(

I'd say Edward Norton would be the best Drake, body type is very similar and in my opinion a hell of lot better actor than what's been mentioned so far.

imo of coarse.;)

Back