Um, what just happened?

ChappyChaps11

Limp Gawd
After heavily playing quake ove the last oh 4-5 days my computer went from normal load temps at 38-40C they just jumped to 52C with normal load which for me is just web browsing....

I have some Silicone Heat Paste that I will put on tomorrow, but will I have to keep reapplying every few months? If so can u buy those little things that come on the heatsinks with retail cpus? U just pull the tab thing and pop on the heatsink and ure set. Thermal pads i think they are called.

Thermal pads suck. It is best to just re-apply thermal compund every so often.

Ill do that later its 2 Am right now. I cleaned out a little dust and it dropped back to 42 where I am satisfied until I can find a non magnetic screw driver so I can reapply greace

Originally posted by ChappyChaps11
Ill do that later its 2 Am right now. I cleaned out a little dust and it dropped back to 42 where I am satisfied until I can find a non magnetic screw driver so I can reapply greace

You don't need a non-magnetic screwdriver to remove your heatsink.

yea but I feel safer incase I slip, and I found one, and I think that ill just buy a better hsf setup

yea but I feel safer incase I slip, and I found one, and I think that ill just buy a better hsf setup

Slipping with any screwdriver is potentially dangerous, but whether or not it's magnetized makes no difference. What do you think it's going to hurt?

My processor, it doesnt matter tho, I found a non magnetic and I am actually buying a new hsf setup I have a WTB thread in sooo

My processor, it doesnt matter tho, I found a non magnetic and I am actually buying a new hsf setup I have a WTB thread in sooo

Well, just FYI, the magnetic tip isn't going to harm your processor.

Back