ultra x-connect reviews

Shapeshifter

Limp Gawd
Ok this power supply "looks sweet" and all the reviews I have found have agreed on this point thus far. :eek:

BUT what they don't go into detail is meassuring performance, how the rails handle under conditions of various loads etc (what really counts)

Now I would say love to buy this psu becuase it looks just so damn nice (and its much better the the neo one from antec in cable management) but I don't know how it meassures up, no review sites seem to be doing proper reviews for it...

Sigh if only antec made their neopower just as nice with the cable set up id be sold on it. :(

when I first saw that PSU, I was tempted to buy one
gut it and mod in a PCP&C

till I considered that those sexy cables where all the wrong length for the rackmount
and not easily altered, there are some advantages to the "stock" Antec Harness
considering what you can do with sleeving and or new pins and a crimp

you just dont get that finished encased plastic cable end

I just got one of these a few days ago. I haven't really put it under major stress, but everything has worked flawlessly with the rig below: 6800, hard drive, 2 optical drives, 3x120mm fans, 92mm panflow on the CPU, 2 cold cathodes plus all the other regular computer stuff. I have to say, I don't think I'll ever go back to a standard PSU. The modular design is way to slick, it almost completely did away with cable clutter. I'd be interested to see some real power tests on it too, but I'm totally happy with it so far.

Oh yeah, and really, no pictures you have seen online do justice to just how beautiful this thing is. I almost had a hard time touching it at first for fear that I would put finger prints on it. One of thes would look sweet beyond belief in an acrylic case.

Alyosha said:
I just got one of these a few days ago. I haven't really put it under major stress, but everything has worked flawlessly with the rig below: 6800, hard drive, 2 optical drives, 3x120mm fans, 92mm panflow on the CPU, 2 cold cathodes plus all the other regular computer stuff. I have to say, I don't think I'll ever go back to a standard PSU. The modular design is way to slick, it almost completely did away with cable clutter. I'd be interested to see some real power tests on it too, but I'm totally happy with it so far.

Oh yeah, and really, no pictures you have seen online do justice to just how beautiful this thing is. I almost had a hard time touching it at first for fear that I would put finger prints on it. One of thes would look sweet beyond belief in an acrylic case.

yea I know what they look like, we sell their titanium 300 watt power supplies (becuase they are cheap) very spiffy and shiny.

Back