Ubisoft: Why "I Am Alive" is not coming to PC

i love you ubisoft! :)

nah, not really, just fucking kidding... well i decided to get the game, it was this or replaying alice madness, i'll post later what i found about it.

I have found the game quite interesting after playing it for a few hours.

One thing I have had to do is play on easy for infinite replays though...started out on "Survival" mode but came to the realization that its just about impossible if you haven't played the game through yet. Too many guessing games and trial and error to be played on max difficulty.

Other than that the game is pretty good.

According to Ubisoft 93-95% of all pc users pirate video games.

I guess they can keep believing that bullshit, but it's not what causes nobody to buy their games...

So are you guys playing this on PC? Steam and everywhere else says it's still 10 days until release date...

“It’s hard because there’s so much piracy and so few people are paying for PC games that we have to precisely weigh it up against the cost of making it. Perhaps it will only take 12 guys three months to port the game to PC, it’s not a massive cost but it’s still a cost. If only 50,000 people buy the game then it’s not worth it.”

Really? Pay 12 guys over three months, what, 30-40k USD and making 750,000 not worth it? The game is like 14,99 on PC right?

Really? Pay 12 guys over three months, what, 30-40k USD and making 750,000 not worth it? The game is like 14,99 on PC right?

Marketing budgets are huge as UBISOFT can't really use word of mouth to promote their games since calling all of their customers pirates.

It's actually a decent game suprisingly. A pity that is was left "unfinished" . Game ends and you stare at screen thinking.. umm that can't be it?
Rumour is that funding was cut so game had to be wrapped and shorter than intended so feels like about half of the game is missing.

I think this thread right here does a pretty good job of validating their decision to not port it.

I mean, nearly every person here is saying they wouldn't buy it anyway, or has said in previous posts that they would never buy another Ubi game again. Why the hell would they bother porting it? Why waste money porting to a platform that doesn't want their game? Put that money towards making the game better instead.

I don't buy or play Ubisoft games anyway. So they can suck it.

It's actually a decent game suprisingly. A pity that is was left "unfinished" . Game ends and you stare at screen thinking.. umm that can't be it?
Rumour is that funding was cut so game had to be wrapped and shorter than intended so feels like about half of the game is missing.

DONT post the ending! i really like the environment, is cute! the game is awesome so far. :)

I think this thread right here does a pretty good job of validating their decision to not port it.

I mean, nearly every person here is saying they wouldn't buy it anyway, or has said in previous posts that they would never buy another Ubi game again. Why the hell would they bother porting it? Why waste money porting to a platform that doesn't want their game? Put that money towards making the game better instead.

So, it isn't Ubisofts fault their PR with PC gamers is poor?

Every single thread about a Ubi game is filled with "I'm never buying a Ubisoft game again" comments. Yet people are still outraged when they don't port something? Why would they bother porting anything over, if none of you want to buy their games anyway?

Every single thread about a Ubi game is filled with "I'm never buying a Ubisoft game again" comments. Yet people are still outraged when they don't port something? Why would they bother porting anything over, if none of you want to buy their games anyway?

I don't care if they do or don't. Aside from the Assasin's Creed series I have little interest in anything they've done as of late. Beyond that all their PC ports are shit. They've already stated they'll do the bare minimum to get Assassin's Creed 3 working on the PC. Plus they've got their draconian DRM bullshit on top of all of that. I can't support a company that cares so little for their customer base as to so blatantly disregard all the feedback they've received from consumers. So again, Ubisoft can suck it. Until their policies change and they put something out of decent quality on the PC, I'm not interested.

It's a vote with my wallet type of thing.

Plenty of people like Ubisoft games. You're just focusing on a small demographic. Their games make a profit on PC.

Are the same people who will never buy an Ubisoft game again the same that wanted this ported? Likely not. You're generalizing illogically.

I don't care if they do or don't. Aside from the Assasin's Creed series I have little interest in anything they've done as of late. Beyond that all their PC ports are shit. They've already stated they'll do the bare minimum to get Assassin's Creed 3 working on the PC. Plus they've got their draconian DRM bullshit on top of all of that. I can't support a company that cares so little for their customer base as to so blatantly disregard all the feedback they've received from consumers. So again, Ubisoft can suck it. Until their policies change and they put something out of decent quality on the PC, I'm not interested.

i dont buy a lot of ubisoft games either. although watch dogs will get my purchase

I don't believe I've heard of that one.

It was only the biggest thing out of E3. ;)

Take a little time to catch up and I'm betting you'll come away pretty impressed. They (and a lot of others) were running their game demos on high end PC hardware which a bunch of us thought was telling and, at least in Ubisoft's case depending on which of their people is talking...rather ironic.

Actually they're adding DX11 support to the PC version of AC3. Whether that means it will simply be DX11 in name only or have things like tessellation is unknown. As for their DRM. The only time I ever have issues with it is if my internet goes out and if I'm going to complain about that I'll toss the same complaint at Steam's piece of shit never working offline mode.

Actually they're adding DX11 support to the PC version of AC3. Whether that means it will simply be DX11 in name only or have things like tessellation is unknown. As for their DRM. The only time I ever have issues with it is if my internet goes out and if I'm going to complain about that I'll toss the same complaint at Steam's piece of shit never working offline mode.

DX 11 does have some performance boost over DX9, so that would be nice. :D

Theyll probably use the DoF and Bokeh stuff. Tesselation would take more effort to add, however, so is less likely.

i'm reducing my personal classification of it from "awesome" to "hmm...kinda interesting...playable" and "aww fuck, no blood and no gore..." plus "wheres the fucking blood goddammit!" :p

i'm reducing my personal classification of it from "awesome" to "hmm...kinda interesting...playable" and "aww fuck, no blood and no gore..." plus "wheres the fucking blood goddammit!" :p

No blood and gore? Awesome. Horror stories relay FAR too much on it.

This makes no sense.

Why would there be blood and guts laying about and why would the main character, who is just trying to reach his family, go around slashing people to pieces and showering in their blood? He is a survivor, not a psychopath and this game is trying to be at least some what realistic.

Plus, how much blood do you think ejects from someone when they're shot with a pistol? Its like a 9mm, not an anti-tank round! :p

No blood and gore? Awesome. Horror stories relay FAR too much on it.

this is a pc game that we're talking about, not a movie :rolleyes:, when was the last time you saw blood and gore on a videogame :rolleyes:? people are like ketchup bottles, red stuff comes out if you break it, duh, imagine if they made movies like these games... :rolleyes:

why would the main character, who is just trying to reach his family, go around slashing people to pieces and showering in their blood?

well.. :p :D

this is a pc game that we're talking about, not a movie :rolleyes:, when was the last time you saw blood and gore on a videogame :rolleyes:? people are like ketchup bottles, red stuff comes out if you break it, duh, imagine if they made movies like these games... :rolleyes:

well.. :p :D

For the good of humanity please seek immediate psychological treatment.

Thank You and Have a Great Day!

I will wait till it hits the 75% sale mark... perhaps during the Christmas sale. I just take the silly crap Ubisoft said about PC gamers, as a way to stir controversy, and to make the game stand out so people will buy given the controversy.

Curious though... all the people who are slamming Ubisoft and claiming they will never buy a Ubisoft game again... how many of those will not buy Far Cry 3? LMAO

Well seeing as how I just bought FC 1 & 2 like not even a year ago and I haven't even completed the first one yet; I think it's safe to say I wont bother buying FC3 when it comes out. Ubisoft can suck a big one.

Well seeing as how I just bought FC 1 & 2 like not even a year ago and I haven't even completed the first one yet; I think it's safe to say I wont bother buying FC3 when it comes out. Ubisoft can suck a big one.

FC meaning farcry?? jesus man, that game was great like eight years ago lol! i liked the second one too but this shit is too old man! :D

Yeah as in Farcry. I got both of them during the Christmas Sale last year for like $10 or something.

Back