uATX mobo that supports dual displays

Mohonri

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm planning a build around a uATX board, and it's been a while since my last build, so I want to make sure I get one that meets my requirements. Here's what I need:

--support for dual displays (so I don't have to buy a discrete graphics card) DVI and VGA are fine
--IDE and SATA interfaces
--either installed serial and parallel ports OR 9- and 25-pin headers on the mobo
--PCIe x16 slot (for future use)
--probably prefer AM3, just 'cause I'm cheap and so is AMD, and their integrated graphics chipsets are decent.
--high performance is NOT a requirement, as this computer will be used primarily for office/web-type use

I'm looking at this mobo and it seems to fit the bill. I've heard, however, that a lot of mobos with two video outputs only support a single monitor, so I'm a bit wary. Does anyone have any good suggestions?

I'm looking at this mobo and it seems to fit the bill. I've heard, however, that a lot of mobos with two video outputs only support a single monitor, so I'm a bit wary.

What you probably heard was that mobos with two video outputs only support a single digital output. i.e DVI or HDMI. The second monitor has to be connected to a VGA port.

Personally, I'd go for this higher quality and more up to date Gigabyte 880G mobo:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128458

What you probably heard was that mobos with two video outputs only support a single digital output. i.e DVI or HDMI. The second monitor has to be connected to a VGA port.

Personally, I'd go for this higher quality and more up to date Gigabyte 880G mobo:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128458

I Wouldn't.. Unless I am missing them I dont see any lpt headers on the mobo & no parallel port on the back.

Splitting the difference & Going with this biostar would do however.

Thanks for the recommendations. Other than the integrated graphics, is there any difference between the 760G-based and 880G-based mobos? Are there any features besides the better graphics and the hdmi port that justify the higher price of the 880G board?

Thanks for the recommendations. Other than the integrated graphics, is there any difference between the 760G-based and 880G-based mobos? Are there any features besides the better graphics and the hdmi port that justify the higher price of the 880G board?
The onboard graphics of the 880G is actually capable of offloading the playback of HD content whereas the 760G's onboard graphics isn't capable of doing that. This means lower overall CPU usage while doing other tasks if you're watching HD content at the same time.

I Would go with the 880 board over the 760 board since your wanting to run 2 displays that way you have a little extra horse power for it just incase.

Back