U2713HM U2713H or U3014?

D4rkn3ss

2[H]4U
i'm thinking of getting one of these, any news? did they fix all that shit? on what revision this friggin things are now? do i have to wait more? i tried to get a 3011 yesterday and its a no-no over here so i'm stuck with one of these for a new display. i would prefer the 30' but thanks to those lovely friggin taxes is $2550.00 + shipment over here so i'm a little wary. as far as i see all those new dells are shit but i'm sick and tired of my old 2410, i need something new, thanks.

You are right, they are all shit, but U2713HM is the least expensive shit if you get a decent piece. Interestingly Dell has managed to find perfection but limited it to the U2913WM, which thanks to a fully functioning Uniformity Compensator is a dream screen but for the useless 21:9 aspect ratio. Dell can't be bothered to fix the UC on the U2713H or U3014 or even include it on the U2713HM (which would make it a perfect screen even if UC is half broken as the screen is native sRGB anyways).

Short anwswer: If you do not mind the weird aspect ratio, get the U2913WM, if you do like 90% of us, get a U2713HM and play the lottery. the U2713H and U3014 are wastes of money IMHO.

It seems that I won the lottery on my U2713HM, I've got nothing bad to say about it. (Minimal BLB which is visible only when testing for it ;) )
One advice that I can give you is to order it to a stationary shop and test it before you buy it.

EDIT: I've got REV 00 from Jan 2013

Last edited:
It seems that I won the lottery on my U2713HM, I've got nothing bad to say about it. (Minimal BLB which is visible only when testing for it ;) )
One advice that I can give you is to order it to a stationary shop and test it before you buy it.

EDIT: I've got REV 00 from Jan 2013

Yup same here, Rev00 Jan no issues.

that fucking U2713HM looks so cheap, so ugly...bah, lottery it is then, at least it wont hurt. this is the first time that i see no offerings from dell, no options, nada, unbelievable.

@undertaker2k8: thats the same conclusion that i had on my quick search, and it also looks good but i cant deal with that 1080 crap, im using it for anything except movies, if it was at least 1200 or 1440.. fuck.

anyway, thanks.

My first one was good but had a couple of bad pixels, second one has been better but white uniformity is medicore at best, though BLB is minimal . Third one has very bad yellow BLB on left , so going to try my fourth soon...Dell please make your engineering as good as your service now is and you'll soon make a lot more money, I may even invest in your stock!

??? What does this mean? I don't understand.

Don't buy your monitor online. Buy it from a stationary shop, and test the very model you are interested in, before buying. Ask shop owners to connect it to a pc and turn it on, then look for bad pixels, blb, etc ;)

Most 'stationary shops' don't have monitors. I think you mean a computer store? And even then the choice online is much better and many places have such good returns policies anyway.

Most 'stationary shops' don't have monitors. I think you mean a computer store? And even then the choice online is much better and many places have such good returns policies anyway.

Yeah, I meant computer store - english is not my native language :) By testing in computer shop he can save much time and trouble returning a display he won't like ;)

Yeah, I meant computer store - english is not my native language :) By testing in computer shop he can save much time and trouble returning a display he won't like ;)

i live in brazil bro, no such thing over here, i have to buy based on youtube videos and reviews. if i lived on a civilized country i wouldnt even bother with these crappy current generation displays from dell ;)

Back