U2311H vs U2312HM vs U2412M vs other

• Thread starter Deleted member 217089
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 217089

So which one of those do you think is the best and why? Or perhaps you have another suggestion at this price range? :)

Here's more info on what I was looking for. Basically it says no input lag and no ghosting, also good for reading. A big upside is good colors.

None of those have input lag as confirmed by Prad, and all have similar pixel response. The 2312 may be thought of as a 2311 with LED backlighting instead of CCFL. The 2412 is 16:10 giving it more area for desktop use, but it's a less friendly aspect ratio for games and video, as well as being a bad choice for auxiliary devices like consoles or bluray players (no in-aspect displaying of 1080p).

Considering you're after gaming and movie performance, I think the 2312 would be the best choice of the three.

2412 is 1200p which is nice. despite what people believe theres little to no effect on video or games. however the person above is correct in the sense that it isnt console friendly. no hdmi port because consoles dont really do 16:10... xbox does but its at a lower resolution and the ps3 works but it'll be stretched

I don't care about extra ports or console support. :)

But they still have different panels, which means they must differ a little.

What about Eizo FS 2333? It has 8bit IPS panel, does great in games and has great colors, also you get 5 years warranty. Got one today, and it's just great, beats my old TN far and wide on all fronts. It also has 2xhdmi ports

Just read some reviews from TFT Central & PRAD, they have all the answers

i use a 2412M at work. it really is nice having the extra 120 lines.i want to take it home with me!!!

if you have the extra money go 16x10 over 16x9. before i used one (16x10) i wouldnt have said that, but having used one it does make a big difference.

tft central is great.

honestly both the 23 and the 24 are great options. but the higher resolution and the 16:10 aspect ratio is worth the extra money on the 2412

I've been looking at different results of all of those 3. The results in different sites are different - better/worse colors, better/worse response time, better/worse uniformity, better/worse sharpness... That's why I've created this thread. I'm not sure how to choose a monitor then, if the reviews of the same product can be so different.

I've been looking at different results of all of those 3. The results in different sites are different - better/worse colors, better/worse response time, better/worse uniformity, better/worse sharpness... That's why I've created this thread. I'm not sure how to choose a monitor then, if the reviews of the same product can be so different.
When it comes to input lag and pixel response, Prad.de should be your reference point. Their measurement methods are far more advanced/superior to what anyone else uses, and they offer not just time estimations for pixel response, but actual response curves so you can objectively compare things like overdrive strength.

Well that isn't everything. The response times are quite similar anyway, so I would be looking at colors and especially how equally the colors look like on the screen... Which differs.

they differ probably due to revisions. some are simply better then others. its just the way it is.

you cant go wrong with the u2412hm. gonna stick with my suggestion.

Back