Type R computer!

jeece

Limp Gawd
Been a car nuts my whole life... I'm just too much into computers too... Now, I'm mixed up, and I've mixed both...

Introducing... My compu-rice Type R racing special limited edition, with carbon fiber option package!

AMDracing003.jpg

AMDracing005.jpg

AMDracing009.jpg

AMDracing010.jpg

RicedAMD003.jpg

RicedAMD006.jpg

More pics here

Here it is for now... I plan on installing hood pins on the side panel, a side window kit, a hood scoop on top with 2 small oil line breather (simulates a real car filter, but much smaller!)... etc! Stealthing DVD drives is on the list too. And a "Type R" sticker for an extra 200Mhz of FSB! :rolleyes:

Oh, and I thought of painting the front facia gloss black... But maybe I'll leave it this way, so the computer looks like a Riced-Civic with a primered unpainted front bumper!!! :p

Originally posted by stuman
its a sticker.

You blew my cover! :mad:

:D Yep, that's just vinyl sticker carbon fiber... A friend of mine owns a car/commercial stickers business. ;) But still, you may find some sticker of this kind on Ebay too.

Next mod on the list: A VW badge fan grill... I happened to compare with a spare badge I had lying around, and it's 80mm. :D Would fit over a fan with minor tweaking.

awsome...looks nice man...AND in my opinion all the stuff that goes into making a good computer: AMD, ASUS, WD, and Creative <-----yes I am a fanboy of all 4

What kind of ram you got in there? Add a corsair sticker too!!!

Originally posted by Steve_010

What kind of ram you got in there? Add a corsair sticker too!!!

Got 2 sticks of 256 mb Kingston 2.5CL (PC3200). ;) Maybe not the *best* stuff around (Corsair, Muskin), but it does the job.

I was actually thinking to add a license plate in front of my case (a small one, printed on cardboard) with a neon (EL wire) frame around it, to complete my car tuner look. Here's what I came out with:

PlateForWeb.png

This is not the final version yet... :cool: I couldn't think of something more original than "Double your fun"... :rolleyes: Kinda cheesy, I think, and I may change that. If Kingston had a motto/slogan, I would've put it here though... Any idea for a better bottom line?

Originally posted by jeece
a hood scoop on top with 2 small oil line breather (simulates a real car filter, but much smaller!)... etc! Stealthing DVD drives is on the list too. And a "Type R" sticker for an extra 200Mhz of FSB! :rolleyes:

Oh, and I thought of painting the front facia gloss black... But maybe I'll leave it this way, so the computer looks like a Riced-Civic with a primered unpainted front bumper!!! :p
Dude, that rig looks nice, but if you start putting fake stuff on there just to resemble a riced out p.o.s., then that's exactly what you'll have, a riced out p.o.s.

Paint the front silver or black (vinyl dye is good), but if you think primered unpainted bumpers are cool... uhh, think again lol

Anyway like i said it looks good, really good actually... those stickers came out nice, I say keep good taste in mind and keep it looking professional (which it does so far, except the beige front bezel lol).

You really shouldnt have both an Nvidia and ATI badge together thats like having both vinyls of calvin pissing on Ford and Chevy on either car make but whatever floats your riceboat. I like that carbon fiber though and those feet are cool, I have them too.

How much is it for some of the CF Sticker for the size of a shuttle? Id be interested in some :)

Originally posted by Volkswagen
How much is it for some of the CF Sticker for the size of a shuttle? Id be interested in some :)

Hmm, I don't know the exact size you'd need, but if you search for "carbon fiber vinyl/adhesive" on ebay, you should find some. A 15 inches X 6 feet roll (should be enough for a shuttle ;) ) goes around 20-25$ plus shipping. I don't know if this is the exact same stuff kind I got, and about the quality, I can't say...

Or, you can find some in a local body/sticker shop, if they're willing to sell you some without sticking it themselves, if you want to do it yourself.

@PCTweaker: lol, about both stickers... I think nVidia's nForce chipset rule (compared with VIA and SIS, I mean, and by far) but when it comes to graphic cards, I'm sold to ATI. I'm not meaning nVidia's aren't good, but I'm really really really ATI biased. :D

Where did you get those awesome stickers?

I want the AMD and the ATI one :D

Originally posted by Icee
Where did you get those awesome stickers?

I want the AMD and the ATI one :D

My best friend has a stickers business... :D Fully equiped with vinyl plotter and all. :p

If you have a car stickers or sign-maker shop in your neighborhood, they can do it, shouldn't be expensive. If you can provide some vectorial logo files, it may be even cheaper, since they don't have to scan/redraw them. You may find some cutter-ready files (.eps, .ai) on the web, either on the manufacturer's site (got the Kingston's from their site) or some logo database...

Else, a guy in my class worked at a small computer store, and he got a boxfull of ASUS stickers, banners, and other promo stuff they had left from the store. So maybe you could buy left-over promo items some from a business like this, if they're willing to sell/give them.

Other option, not quite the best one, but if you're skilled, why not?: cut your own stickers from vinyl sheet. For the AMD logo, you should be all right with a metal ruler and a hobby knife, since there's only straight lines. But try anything with a curve in it, and you'll have a hard time cutting it without jagged edges and/or scissor marks.

Back