Two questions: List of all PDC? ... Any 34" Glossy?

icor1031

[H]ard|Gawd
Is there a list of all the PDC monitors anywhere, or does anyone know of upcoming PDC displays?

Also, are there any glossy 34" 3440 monitors?

You mean Plasma Deposition Coating? No I don't think they are being used anymore.
The best coatings currently available are moth-eye type coatings, these are glossy coatings with a special antireflective treatment.
Samsung has a similar tech that is called Ultra Black that is not bad either, but not quite as effective as Philips moth-eye. But so far they were only being put to use in the higher end Televisions.

As for 34'' 1440p - The HP Envy 34c has a low haze glossy coating

Last edited:
yikes, that's a very harsh glare... no big deal though, can use a dayvue coating over it.

although he didn't analyze image clarity (pixel-level)?

Yes that happens with glossy panels, but judging from the photos the Low Haze and PDC coatings clearly beat the full glossy (tempered glass) and semi-glossy coatings in terms of reflection suppression.

What do you mean with clarity on pixel level? Doesn't this depend almost exclusively on the pixel density?
Although - the HP 34c I mentioned is based on the first generation Samsung VA from 2015 (LTM340YP01), this panel is known for having squished subpixel structure that negatively effects the sharpness of text.
Pcmonitors.info talks about it in the review of the Samsung here. The HP is basically the same but with a low haze coating and higher input lag.
But it's still the only ultrawide that isn't light matte afaik.

Yes that happens with glossy panels, but judging from the photos the Low Haze and PDC coatings clearly beat the full glossy (tempered glass) and semi-glossy coatings in terms of reflection suppression.

What do you mean with clarity on pixel level? Doesn't this depend almost exclusively on the pixel density?
Although - the HP 34c I mentioned is based on the first generation Samsung VA from 2015 (LTM340YP01), this panel is known for having squished subpixel structure that negatively effects the sharpness of text.
Pcmonitors.info talks about it in the review of the Samsung here. The HP is basically the same but with a low haze coating and higher input lag.
But it's still the only ultrawide that isn't light matte afaik.

No, IME gloss vs matte has more impact than density. At some point density may win, but at that point you have to scale - too.

https://www.overclockers.ru/images/lab/2012/07/27/1/23_kristaleffect_big.jpg

I want a monitor for reading, so poor sharpness is bad.

By the way, how is plasma deposition coating on monitors defined exactly? I mean it seems to be an expression coined by monitor reviewer NCX rather than something ever seen in monitors features or specifications.

By the way, how is plasma deposition coating on monitors defined exactly? I mean it seems to be an expression coined by monitor reviewer NCX rather than something ever seen in monitors features or specifications.

Yeah, I understand the term to be completely incorrect. It seems to be just be a film applied over the monitor. I think I saw PDC as part of the ad on ebay? not sure.

Anyway, it's not PDC - but that's what people know it as.

Back