Two "game packages" I'm excited about

boxterduke

Gawd
I titled game packages since they are not exactly new games but an update and a repackage :)

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/chroniclesofriddickassaultondarkathena/index.html
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/puzzle/crysismaximumedition/index.html

I loved the original Riddick and an update to it is great. Not to mention they are adding another game to it.
Crysis Maximum is great as well since I never bought it when it came out and when the expansion came out I wanted a box that has both the original and expansion together.

The wait is almost over :)

RIDDIICCKKk

By the way is Dark Athena completely separate from the Butcher Bay remake or are they somehow merged together? Or am I missing something

I'm really looking forward to the sequal to Riddick, one of the funnest games I've played. Totally underated. Hope this holds up. The gameplay videos looked good.

When is the release date?

I'll be excited when they can finally stick all of the Super nintendo and ps1 Final Fantasies and Chrono Trigger on 1 disk.

By the way is Dark Athena completely separate from the Butcher Bay remake or are they somehow merged together? Or am I missing something
Dark Athena has both a remade version of EFBB plus a new campaign. It's one single game.

Why not just get Crysis and Warhead for $9.99 each right now at BB?
You don't get them in one box, but you no longer have to wait and most likely save some dough as well.

Dark Athena has both a remade version of EFBB plus a new campaign. It's one single game.
no its two separate games in one package. the remake of EFBB and Dark Athena are on separate discs and can be installed separately. I have been watching this game closely and the developer has mentioned that on more than one occasion.

originally it was supposed to be just an EFBB remake for XBOX360. then they decided to add a few more levels. then finally they just went ahead and made EFBB remake and Dark Athena two separate games.

no its two separate games in one package. the remake of EFBB and Dark Athena are on separate discs and can be installed separately.
It is being sold as one game and not as two separate things. The EFBB remake and Dark Athena campaign are part of the same package. That was my point.

It is being sold as one game and not as two separate things. The EFBB remake and Dark Athena campaign are part of the same package. That was my point.
no its TWO different games in ONE package just like I said. you can play Dark Athena and not ever even install the remake of EFBB.

no its TWO different games in ONE package just like I said. you can play Dark Athena and not ever even install the remake of EFBB.
But they come together. When you buy them, it is a single package, and not two. That is what I was saying.

But they come together. When you buy them, it is a single package, and not two. That is what I was saying.
and I said that too but you said they were one single game and they are not. you can install and play one without the other and they will be on different discs. one package...yes. one game...no. ;)

You don't get them in one box, but you no longer have to wait and most likely save some dough as well.
They are $29.99, Canadian each last time I checked.
We never have good deals up here like you guys :(

Where are you seeing that price, Boxter? I saw Crysis for ~$10cdn at Wal-Mart last time I was there, didn't check for Warhead though.

Crysis for 10bucks at walmart must have been a sale thing, I can't find the original cheaper than 20 bucks. I too may consider this maximum pack, as the steam combo is quite expensive with the conversion. $10 games rock!!!

Yeah it's definitely a steal to get Crysis and Warhead for $10 each.

Where are you seeing that price, Boxter? I saw Crysis for ~$10cdn at Wal-Mart last time I was there, didn't check for Warhead though.
Futureshop, it was actually $19.99 for Crysis and $29.99 for Warhead.
as the steam combo is quite expensive with the conversion. $10 games rock!!!
Yeah I was looking at that a couple of weeks ago before I saw that there will be a Maximum edition and it is expensive.

no its two separate games in one package. the remake of EFBB and Dark Athena are on separate discs and can be installed separately. I have been watching this game closely and the developer has mentioned that on more than one occasion.

originally it was supposed to be just an EFBB remake for XBOX360. then they decided to add a few more levels. then finally they just went ahead and made EFBB remake and Dark Athena two separate games.

what is going to be new in the EFBB remake?...just updated graphics or new levels as well?

what is going to be new in the EFBB remake?...just updated graphics or new levels as well?
no new levels because thats what Dark Athena evolved from. the remake will have enhanced features of the revised engine so graphics and gameplay will be improved.

no new levels because thats what Dark Athena evolved from. the remake will have enhanced features of the revised engine so graphics and gameplay will be improved.

the graphics on the original EFBB were pretty good back when it was released... I don't think it required a graphical overhaul...I mean it's not like EFBB came out 15-20 years ago...but as a person who never played the original I'm glad to see it being included for 'free' with Dark Athena

Back