Tv Conundrum..And I've got 2 days

Okay I work at an electronics store as the Finance Manager and I purchased this TVhttp://www.amazon.com/Samsung-PN58C550-58-Inch-1080p-Plasma/dp/B0036WT3ZM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1300293643&sr=8-1 2 weeks ago for my man cave. Problem is I had a 65" dlp with a great picture and sold it to help me buy the 58" samsung because in general a plazma will have a better picture than a dlp, but its my hometheater room so the 58" looks kinda small in there and my general manager has offered me an option to swap for this brand new 73"http://www.amazon.com/Mitsubishi-WD-73638-73-Inch-1080p-3D-Ready/dp/B003JH7KT0/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1300294050&sr=1-1. for no extra cash out of my pocket and I mostly game in my room.

So what would you guys choose.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I'd stick with Plasma over DLP, even if it meant downgrading the size.

Hard to go with a smaller TV, though.

In the past I went from a 65" projection to a 60" Pioneer plasma.

The missing size was a minor issue compared to the incredible picture quality I received from the Plasma.

I simply moved my couch about 2 feet closer to the display.

Also, one thing people don't realize when mounting a flat panel is that the higher you mount it on the wall the greater your viewing distance is. So keep it nice and low. Ideally you want the center of the screen the same height as your eye line when sitting in your viewing position.

If your building the room, I suggest running a nice long hdmi cable through your ceiling in case you want to drop a front projector down at some point. This will help ease your mind knowing that you can always add a front projector for movies.

I would stick with the 58 inch plasma at this point. DLP is being phased out and for good reasons (minus actual projectors). The biggest advantage is size but the cost of bulb replacements and viewing angle problems plus the lack of uniformity in the picture really take away from the size bonus. Also DLP projection sets can suffer huge overscan issues which personally annoys the shit out of me. Plus higher input latency and for console gaming and PC gaming thats not acceptable.

plasma is just all around better than dlp technology nowadays i would go with the plasma

No laser tv's? L75A91!! LOL! (just worked on one today, heavy mofo @ 183lbs!)

Go for the plasma, turn down the picture setting to standard and make sure gaming mode is offered. There is a 63" plasma, can you upgrade to that? Also a bit heavy but not as bad as the L75A91 :-D

Back