Turtle Beach EF P21 for PS3 - Opinions?

BassTek

Supreme [H]ardness
So I'm looking for a new PS3 headset since I've had bad luck with the Official BT headset, and even when it works I don't find it comfortable for long sessions. After research, the Ear Force P21 from Turtle Beach looks pretty promising:

p21b420.jpg

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/efp21/home.aspx

I don't mind it being wired and it looks pretty comfortable. Having to switch the PS3 XMB output to use in-game sound from the cans would have been an annoyance but XMB 3.0 fixes that. Has anyone bought a set or plan to in the future? Reviews on CNET and another tech site seem favourable but that doesn't convince me.

Unfortunatly you are asking for personal preference on something that will vary greatly for each individual. I had used a head set like this one in the past but found the fully covered ears to be much to warm in long gaming sessions. Who knows I may just be a freak but that really bothered me and I won't purchase those type of headsets again.

Good luck to you with whatever you decide to purchase.

Unfortunatly you are asking for personal preference on something that will vary greatly for each individual. I had used a head set like this one in the past but found the fully covered ears to be much to warm in long gaming sessions. Who knows I may just be a freak but that really bothered me and I won't purchase those type of headsets again.

Good luck to you with whatever you decide to purchase.

Thanks for you opinion, and the whole point of asking questions on forums like this is to hear what people think and weigh the results even if they are based on personal preference.

I've used my Sennheiser HD-25's at lan parties for hours at a time, so the P21s being closed doesn't really bother me. This headset is pretty new though so I might have to be a guinea pig and try them out myself. I guess I'm more looking for opinions on Turtle Beach headsets themselves... do they last or are they all pieces of junk?

Well, the small amount of reviews that I found seemed favourable, so I ordered one and it shipped today. Hopefully it arrives by Tuesday/Wednesday.

Back