Turn Your Pistol Into An Assault Rifle

You really shouldn't like to stuff like that for two reasons:

I'm 99.99% sure that would turn a pistol into a SBR... and that's a good way to go away for 10 years if you don't pay the tax stamp and jump through the ATF's hoops first.

Calling it an assault rifle hurts the gun owner's cause and gives anti-gun people more "ammunition" against us.

I'm 99.99% sure that would turn a pistol into a SBR... and that's a good way to go away for 10 years if you don't pay the tax stamp and jump through the ATF's hoops first.

adding a stock to a pistol makes it a rifle, a barrel shorter than 16" makes it an SBR... which means putting that on your gun without an approved stamp would in fact make you a criminal...

also I love how he is wearing a Brietling Emergency... half the people I see wearing that watch dont even know how it works, or why they would ever use it lol

You really shouldn't like to stuff like that for two reasons:

Calling it an assault rifle hurts the gun owner's cause and gives anti-gun people more "ammunition" against us.

Before I watched the video I thought this seems like a good way to end up getting arrested or something. I watched the video and noticed the rate of fire is pretty slow, so I can't imagine it being a problem. Also the actual power and mechanics of the weapon is still limited to the hand gun inside the unit.

doesn't this add more weight to the gun but not much more functionality? I know the scope is cool and all, but its a pistol. This takes away the portability of a small handgun by attaching on another piece of plastic.

That is exactly what I am thinking. Adding a stock to a pistol is construction of an SBR. Which with out the tax stamp paid to the ATF is a no no.

coolness factor 9

practicality factor 2

wonder how much?

I probably would have said more like 6 for coolness and 1 for practicality.

If I want a handgun, I want it for concealability, quick access, portability, etc.

If I want an "assault rifle", I want a freakin' rifle with the attendant stopping power, range and accuracy.

It's kind of like putting 4 foot high rear wing on a Civic.

I didn't notice it the first time through, but at the end, it actually says you can see it somewhere in London, UK . . . BUAHAHAHAHA . . . seems to me it might be a tad difficult to get the pistol to go with it in London.

No, FAIL, Period!

You are NOT modifying the gun the mechanics of the gun, or the firing mechanism, or the barrel length. This is a cosmetic housing, they are also nothing new you have been available for years for several different pistols and rifles. Several years ago one of the popular one converted a Ruger 10/22 in to Bullpup style rifle. They are all perfectly within the BATF rules. If you want to see how much of this stuff is available try googling "Glock stocks" and you will get plenty of hits. Once again this is a cosmetic modification. Also any sighting systems that are not hard mounted to a firearm should be held as very suspect. While neat looking, this is hardly a new concept.

No, FAIL, Period!

You are NOT modifying the gun the mechanics of the gun, or the firing mechanism, or the barrel length. This is a cosmetic housing, they are also nothing new you have been available for years for several different pistols and rifles. Several years ago one of the popular one converted a Ruger 10/22 in to Bullpup style rifle. They are all perfectly within the BATF rules. If you want to see how much of this stuff is available try googling "Glock stocks" and you will get plenty of hits. Once again this is a cosmetic modification. Also any sighting systems that are not hard mounted to a firearm should be held as very suspect. While neat looking, this is hardly a new concept.

You ARE attaching a stock to a pistol, which makes it a SBR (if the barrel length is less than 16")

The bullpups you're thinking of still had > 16" barrels, or would also be SBRs.

a) from what i understand, this is not for sale in the US

b) if it were to be for sale in the US, it would require you to register your handgun as a short barreled rifle. attaching a foregrip or a stock to a pistol without it being registered as an "any-other-weapon(aow)" (foregrip) or "short-barreled rifle(sbr)" is a felony in the united states.

and skipsargent, it has nothing to do with "BATF rules" (batf doesnt make the rules anyway). it has to deal with the National Firearms Act of 1934. Using this in the United States on a pistol without the appropriate tax stamps would be a felony.

You ARE attaching a stock to a pistol, which makes it a SBR (if the barrel length is less than 16")

Correct.

Wow, I learn something every day. I had no idea about the SBR regulations until now.

I guess I just never really thought about it too much since the idea of putting something like this on a handgun just never occurred to me. Like I said, if I want a rifle I'll buy a rifle, if I want a carbine, I'll buy a carbine and if I want a handgun, I'll buy a handgun.

That's now a SBR, too bad. I don't know if it's cool enough to go through the trouble. If I wanted a SBR, I think I'd rather have a real one.

Because firearms, and especially assault rifles, are totally necessary when living in Western society these days.

I want one. This would go perfect with my glock. Depending on how much it'd be fun to try out.

I want one. This would go perfect with my glock. Depending on how much it'd be fun to try out.

$625 + shipping from the UK, plus a $200 tax for the SBR registration for you Glock, plus 3-5 months for the BATF to run the background check and approve your Form 1.

adding a stock to a pistol makes it a rifle, a barrel shorter than 16" makes it an SBR... which means putting that on your gun without an approved stamp would in fact make you a criminal...

also I love how he is wearing a Brietling Emergency... half the people I see wearing that watch dont even know how it works, or why they would ever use it lol

Yeah, and the people that could actually USE one can't afford one. :\ Even a bigass clunky EPIRB unit the size of a suitcase is fucking expensive. You are mostly paying a fee that goes to the FCC for the radio-space. Seriously though, never knew about that watch. I wish I could afford it. The number of times I go on backpacking trips way the hell out in the middle of nowhere, having an EPIRB that fits nicely on my wrist would be awesome.

What an incredible waste of time and money.

Besides, if you want a completely impractical pistol to waste tons of ammo on you might as well do it right. :D

ARpistol.jpg

it's not a barrel "extension"... I thought...

just an exithole?

Yeah, First thing I thought when I watched this, Really stupid way to go to jail in the US, and owning the weapon to use it with in England? bwahaha!

I was surprised with how accurate the gadget was, I am sure they hand tuned a setup until they had one that would shoot worth a damn. Unless they have some sort of setup to form a solid mechanical bond between the weapon and the stock, no way this thing would be accurate enough to justify the expense. using this with a hard recoiling round like a 10mm would be fun to play around with.

Anyone notice the camera person being in the line of fire while it's being shot? Either it was firing air rounds or that camera person has got some balls.

Yea, everyone needs to watch out, you need to do a Form 1 (unless you like 10 years in Club Fed) before you put your pistol in this piece of china-made crap. I'm saving up for the Magpul-designed Bushmaster ACR that supposed to be out Q2 2010. That's the gun everyone should be drooling over. Or if you really want a SBR now, get a LMT 10.5" upper and build you a nice reliable gun. That's the gun everyone should be drooling over.

If anyone does want to get this, the lovely people at the ATF are not backed 12 months anymore, Form 1's are going through and stamps are coming back door-to-door in 45 days. I'd say forgo this china-made crap put an ACR on that Form 1 when they come out, hehe.

Anyone notice the camera person being in the line of fire while it's being shot? Either it was firing air rounds or that camera person has got some balls.

I thought it was some crazy airsoft addon, at first:eek:

Then I unmuted my audio.

Back