Tunnelling into the Office

devin_m

Limp Gawd
I'm looking to set up a tunnel from my home network into the office (maybe a secondary data centre if the connection in the office goes down but one thing at a time) and I'm wondering is there a good document on setting this up? Right now this is the document I'm looking at but I don't know if it is sufficient http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB15074

Here is the diagram of my proposed setup:

Me ---> Juniper NS 25 ---> Cisco Modem / Router <--- Internet ---> Juniper ---> Company Intranet

What I don't like is the fact my Cisco modem does nat as well but can I work with that?

Your Cisco modem/router does NAT also? What model and who provided it?

That link should be fine.

The Modem my ISP provided is a Cisco DPC3825, I can talk to my ISP about converting it to a straight up modem but if I don't have to go through the hassle that would be great. The NS25 isn't a very high end firewall and I don't want to have to use it has my firewall as it would probably limit my home connection speed (100/5)

According to specs, the NS25 does max out at 100mbps firewall throughput. How do you plan on utilizing this device in your home network?

My plan is:
Modem Port 1 -> Home Network
Modem Port 2 -> Juniper Firewall/VPN -> Work machine

Ahhh, so you have a specific dedicated work machine? That makes the mechanics easier. As long as the NS25 is set up to NAT traffic from devices behind it, i.e. your work machine, you should just need to follow that guide.

Back