Tuniq fan direction in V100+II

bananadude

Limp Gawd
What is the best direction for the fan to be going on the Tuniq inside a Lian Li V1000+II? Both fans on this case are blowing in, so I figure the Tuniq should go with this flow, and the fan should be sucking air from the rear fan and blowing it towards the front of the case. Anyone have an opinion on this?

:confused:

I don't think there'd be enough room in a Lian-Li V1000 for a Tuniq Tower to blow in any direction other than up or down, depending on your motherboard and how close the CPU socket is to the case's bottom PSU partition. The Tuniq is pretty wide (looks considerably wider than the enclosed 120mm fan), and probably wouldn't fit oriented to blow front to rear or rear to front.

I HAVE seen pics of a Tuniq Tower installed in a V-Series case oriented to blow up towards the top of the case, with the rear fan set up as an intake. The pics were somewhere in these forums, maybe the Lian-Li case gallery.

I'm experiencing a similar dilemma at the moment. I'm building a new PC in a V1200 case with a BadAxe2 or eVGA 680i motherboard, and am trying to decide on a CPU cooler that will fit properly to blow air out the rear fan, which I have set up as exhaust.

It will fit, I've checked. Not much room to spare, but it goes.

It's interesting then that you've set up that rear fan as exhaust on the V1200 as I thought it was supposed to be an intake for best performance. Perhaps with a CPU heastink fan though, exhaust is best, with the heatsink fan also blowing the hot air out. I don't know for sure though.

:confused:

What motherboard are using? And you're sure that it would allow the Tuniq Tower to be mounted to blow air out the exhaust, so that the fan is mounted vertically? Hmm...I really want that cooler; I wonder if it'd work in my system...

And yeah, the rear fan is set up as exhaust; it was like that when I got the case. I have the normal V1200, not the +I or +II. I think they reversed the fan direction on the + models when they incorporated the CPU air duct.

What motherboard are using? And you're sure that it would allow the Tuniq Tower to be mounted to blow air out the exhaust, so that the fan is mounted vertically? Hmm...I really want that cooler; I wonder if it'd work in my system...

And yeah, the rear fan is set up as exhaust; it was like that when I got the case. I have the normal V1200, not the +I or +II. I think they reversed the fan direction on the + models when they incorporated the CPU air duct.
Sorry, you're right, I was confused. The Tuniq indeed will NOT fit in mounted vertically. But following advice I received from elsewhere, the optimum position has the fan going down, with the rear fan as an intake. I have the Plus II though, with the side fan, so maybe that has a bearing on this advice.

Anyway, I have the Bad Axe 2 motherboard. Plenty of room for the Tuniq the way I've mounted it, and although it's big, it's size is in it's height so quite a bit of room to work around it. It doesn't block off anything important.

Yet to boot everything up though, as yet to fit a few more bits. Will let you know what temps I get with it all though. It is a great cooler by all accounts, so it should perform well regardless of the configuration really.

:)

Back