Trying to wire a switch for my 9800 boot up problem. help!

FireStormGS

[H]ard|Gawd
I have one of the motherboards that doesnt like to boot up with the 9800 power. So what I have to do is actually plug the molex connector in a couple seconds after powering the rest of the computer. I wanted to simplify the process (and finally put the sides back on my computer) so ive decided to switch the power running to the card. This way id have a switch on the front of the comptuer to flip the power for the card instead of messing with molex connectors.

So I've wired up a quick switch with a circut that looks like this.

circut.jpg

the switch itself does actually have spots for controlling two different circuts and I thought just controling the two ground wires would be enough

Why dont you get a better power supply then? I got my 400W for less than 20 usd and works flawless :D

OldMX

The motherboard has the problem I guess if it doesnt like to boot up with the 9800. Maybe its a Nvidia user and wants a 6800GT?

you need a new powersupply, spend the 50 bucks before you end up frying 400 in hardware.

Thanks for all the replies about getting a new power supply, a nice vanilla answer that didnt even answer my question about the circut I made...

BTW I got a new Antec True430 a couple months ago, this didnt fix the problem. The problem is with the motherboard like I had said.

Switching the positive lines worked perfectly.

FireStormGS said:
Thanks for all the replies about getting a new power supply, a nice vanilla answer that didnt even answer my question about the circut I made...

BTW I got a new Antec True430 a couple months ago, this didnt fix the problem. The problem is with the motherboard like I had said.

Switching the positive lines worked perfectly.

Here comes a really retarded question: Did you see if theres a new bios version for your board yet?

Get a new motherboard and try not to be so rude to the people that are trying to help you..."a nice vanilla answer that didnt even answer my question about the circut I made..."
and who cares about the ghetto circuit you made?

Back