Trying to unlock my AXP

JC419

Weaksauce
I have a Palo 1800+ and I checked out the FAQ thread above and checked out the website that was linked. I tried the pencil trick on the L1 bridges but it doesn't work. Did I just not do it good enough or am I going to have to shop around for one of the other methods?

*edited to reflect the correct CPU*

If I remember correctly, the pencil trick hasn't really worked since the Thunderbird core. I believe you need a conductive pen to connect the L1 bridges on Athlon XP

Lol, the pencil trick!

I'm still using my 800Mhz Thunderbird for a few more days until my new system gets here, and I can remember going out and buying the exact type graphite I needed to close the L1 bridge. The sad part is, this thing doesnt like to overclock much more over about 930Mhz anyways, so it was kind of a waste.

I'd buy another CPU but no budget for it. Wasn't there some tape that that you could put over the L1 bridges that has the connections on it to close the connnection? I've been trying to find it but all I have found is the Speedstrip for the T-bred. This probably changes things but I forgot I have the Palo core and not the T-bred.

Back