Trying to decide between two kits, suggestions?

Neither one will provide you with any tangible benefits over each other. I would save some money and look for a 1866 or 2133 MHz kit (though all you really need is 1600). Less than 1.5v isn't really going to benefit you either. Save your money for GPU upgrades.

But if you really have some money to burn and have to choose between the two... go with the Corsair for Corsair's top notch customer service. Don't know about how well Mushkin is.

Both are great companies, however I opt for Mushkin when it comes to bang for your buck. I had a great RMA experience w/them too (had gotten a bad stick from an ebay doucher).

I'd take Mushkin over Corsair any day. Have had issues with Corsair that I haven't had with Mushkin, and Corsair warranty service is widely considered to be sub-par (though it's been years since I've used it). Also, BeHardware's return rate surveys have pinpointed Corsair as relatively unreliable compared to the other brands they tested (Crucial, G.Skill, etc.)

I currently use - and recommend - low-profile Crucial Ballistix Sport modules. They don't interfere with heatsinks and, frankly, RAM doesn't need heatsinks.

Edit: Voltage comment removed since it was about DDR3.

Last edited:
Both are great companies, however I opt for Mushkin when it comes to bang for your buck. I had a great RMA experience w/them too (had gotten a bad stick from an ebay doucher).

Both kits he posted are similar specs (very slight advantage Mushkin on subtimings), same price.

I'd take Mushkin over Corsair any day. Have had issues with Corsair that I haven't had with Mushkin, and Corsair warranty service is widely considered to be sub-par (though it's been years since I've used it). Also, BeHardware's return rate surveys have pinpointed Corsair as relatively unreliable compared to the other brands they tested (Crucial, G.Skill, etc.)

I currently use - and recommend - low-profile Crucial Ballistix Sport modules. They don't interfere with heatsinks and, frankly, RAM doesn't need heatsinks. Especially when you buy 1.35V and not that 1.5V mediocrity or 1.65V garbage.

Always heard that Corsair warranty, at least in the US, was top notch.

Also, the kits he posted are 1.2v.

Also just noticed they are DDR4 kits...

I got my Muskin ram used from some one here on the forums. I just paid 15 to rma them and now I have the lifetime warranty on them. Mushkin is awesome. I only buy my ram from them.

Wait $15 to RMA them? When I RMA'd there was no cost involved.. lifetime warranty is on the stick and transfers between any owner..yeah? If this is the case, I'd avoid Mushkin and go with Crucial or Corsair.

Back