Trying to choose a netbook

NleahciM

2[H]4U
Howdy - it's time for me to get a netbook. There are two things that it must have: bluetooth and a webcam. I would strongly prefer an SSD, so that I don't have to worry about bumping it a lot. Portability + battery life are key - so a computer that maximized those would be awesome. Smaller screen = smaller computer = more portable. So I don't mind if a screen is teeny. High resolution, OTOH, is very good for me. I have very good close-up vision. Also, built in GPS would be amazing - but I don't think any have that right now?

Any suggestions? I get dizzy when I look at all the options!

ASUS Eee 1000H
It does have a "normal" 80 GB HDD though.
I upped the RAM to 2GB (cost 25$) and it runs W7 like a dream, great little computer.
Battery life about 8 hours on a charge, unless you run a movie.
No optical drive, I had to buy a USB optical, but I needed one anyway.:D

Msi wind u90, had one, and it was awesome. Didn't have ssd though. However, acer has released their aspire one series, with a bit better hardware inside, and i beleive they have ssd equipped models, so that would be my choice now.

ASUS Eee 1000H
It does have a "normal" 80 GB HDD though.
I upped the RAM to 2GB (cost 25$) and it runs W7 like a dream, great little computer.
Battery life about 8 hours on a charge, unless you run a movie.
No optical drive, I had to buy a USB optical, but I needed one anyway.:D

Oh - I forgot - I don't need an optical drive. I pulled the optical drive out of my laptop years ago and haven't needed it once.

So do no current systems have GPS?

Also - do any have touchscreens?

Hmmmm... this looks hot: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220568 except for the small HD and wimpy camera (0.3MP?!)

Last edited:
Back