TRUE Spirit 140 Power vs. Le Grand Macho RT

Claw5

Limp Gawd
Gathering parts for a new build (i7-9700K on an Asus Z370-A Prime).
Trying to decide on an air cooler.
Wondering if the Macho is that much better, if at all, than the TRUE Spirit.
Basically wondering if the extra weight and size is worth it.
Thanks!

The macho is roughly even with a nh-d15, shorter for better case compatibility but a pain to install. Had it happily cooling a 7980xe.

If you aren’t moving it, size and weight won’t matter. It will outperform a true spirit, but not by very much, so use what you want.

it will outperform vanilla true spirit but not the true spirit 140 power.. le grand macho RT is rated for 300W TDP... true spirit 140 power is rated for 360W, that by itself in specs is enough to consider TRUE 140 power over le grand macho RT. honestly having the TRUE 140 POWER and a helluva of other huge coolers I've found little to no reason to go with any other kind of coolers beyond the 140 POWER. nowadays CPUs reach higher temps even at lower wattage than older CPUS due insanely transistor density making it the heat really hard to dissipate from the die to the cpu heat spreader even on soldered CPUs..

They both perform similarly.. I initially bought LGMRT and was pretty satisfied coming from an H100 with 2 120x38 Panaflo's. A solid upgrade. Its pretty big, but doesn't block the ram at all. I decided to try TS140P just because it was rated at 360w, and LGMRT was rated at 320w. Also with TS140P, I got the TY143. Great fan, as quiet as TY147A and B at similar speeds. TY143 on LGMRT is a solid upgrade, and gives it a tighter grip on temps. I liked TS140P better because it can take more TDP, and is not so massive. Though it is tall, so be sure you can fit it in your case. I have LGMRT in a CM 690II Advanced, and it fits no problem. TS140P in that same case touches the side panel enough to make me not want to use it in there. I do recommend you upgrade to TY143, though its not needed. I use mine in push/pull with a TY147A. Its an awesome cooler for fifty bucks, and it does outperform LGMRT.

I am kinda leaning towards the True Spirit 140 Power- should fit in my 800D.
Thanks for the info!

Back