Troubles with new build

DaxE

Limp Gawd
Just built/upgraded a computer for my son this past week. Has been running fine since Tuesday and then this morning it freezes. He tries to reboot and the fans will spin up for less than a second and then stop. If the power is left on it will continue to do this over and over.

I have tried clearing the cmos, taking video card out and a different power supply. Still same thing.

Specs:
MSI H87m-G43
I5 4570
gt 635
8g Crucial balistics
corsair tx750(original power supply used)
corsair 400cx(power supply tried to see if it was the problem)

To throw another wrinkle in the mix. The tx750 was bought in 2008 and used on another computer for about 3 years. The exact same issue happened with that system but I never looked into because at the time I did not need that system. When I went to build this system I just yanked that power supply and used it. Worked fine until today but I am not understanding how this could be a issue if the other power supply will not boot either. Unless it is something with corsair that this system does not like.

Thanks

If it was running fine since Tuesday and now doesn't I'd suspect a component failed. Usually they'll be dead out of the box or within the first couple of weeks shit the bed. If you make it past the first couple of weeks then (in my experience) you know things will be fine.

Try swapping the memory around. If that doesn't work I'd venture to guess the motherboard is bad.

Ok tried switching the ram around and that did nothing. Tried one stick and again nothing. Then changed sticks of ram and system boots just fine. So I am guessing I have a bad stick of ram.

Thanks a lot guys.

Back